Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have loved female feet since age 3. Why do I still find them

I have loved female feet since age 3. Why do I still find them attractive as an adult?

Dr. Z. :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z. :

When you say that you have loved feet since the age of 3, are you currently saying that you are sexually attracted to female feet?

Dr. Z. :

So if you are currently describing a sexual attraction to feet, then this is called a Foot Fetishism. There are a variety of reasons why these occur, but from the way you described it, it is because you were fascinated with feet as such a young age that this developed into a sexual attraction as you got older. This is the most common development of fetishisms. Typically they start as a fascination and then develop into sexual attraction in some people.

Dr. Z. :

While a foot fetish is not considered common, there is nothing wrong with it. Fetishisms are just uncommon sexual preferences, and this is one of the more benign ones.

Dr. Z. :

If this is causing you a great deal of distress, I can help you find a good sex therapist that can help you manage this behavior preference, but I do not think that you inherently have to change. Everyone likes certain different body parts in the gender they are attracted to and for you it is feet, which is acceptable.

Dr. Z. :

I see that you are offline right now, but when you get back online I would be very interested in continuing this discussion with you and talking about anything further you would like to share regarding your concern, so if you respond in the chat box I will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

Dr. Z. :

Here is also a short article on foot fetishism from Psychology Today that you may find intriguing