Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Hi, My current employer is moving us from residential real

Customer Question

My current employer is moving us from residential real estate to car insurance to return to real estate in March. The other big banks are laying off people again (alot). I stayed in real estate thru the crash and my aniexty is up over this issue. How do I trust my current employer who is a strong employer and with this change they could of laid us off but chose to keep us. My past experience with the industry was very bad. How do I let go of the past and take it one day at a time. Thanks.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this very stressful situation.

Customer:

thanks.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

With all these changes and knowing how other employers have not been able too keep their staff, anybody in your shoes would feel very tense if not overwhelemed by it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

But your employer has kept to keep you and that's truly a very positive things, since it shows they are much hopeful and supportive, and that's something you need to remind yourself about whenever feeling fearful about the future.

Customer:

that is very true. they could of let us go already. they are know for being a good employer.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There are some thing you can control, and many others that just do not depend on you. Please focus on those situations-factors you can control, from your performance and productivity to the motivation and energy you put in your work.

Customer:

that makes sense just to keep doing the best I can and have a positive attuide

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then allow yourself to deepen the feeling of gratefulness because of what you have now. Nobody knows what will happen in the future, but you can control and enjoy as much as possible your present, and that's what really counts, anything else is useless and counterproductive.

Customer:

Sounds like to focus on what I can and let go of the rest.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

And once you leave your workplace focus on enjoying your personal life, everything else but work, in that way you would not be obsessing but relaxing and empowering yourself to keep doing your best, XXXXX XXXXX care of your job and of everything else important in your life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Absolutely!

Customer:

you know that is what I am missing. I am not relaxing at home like I was. Sounds like I need to enjoy today. Thank you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is about being assertive, gentle and supportive with yourself, letting go what just does not help, not fighting but rather letting go.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. Believe me, I know how it feels since I have been in your shoes, but this is your experience and you can get wiser and stronger from it, regardless of what happens, since you are doing your best.

Customer:

You are right I am wrestling with with on the "what if's" instead of living in the moment. Yeah I am beating myself up a bit too. I will work on all this. Thank you very much for your time.

Customer:

thank you. Have a great day!

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach