Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Hi! I am diagnosed with ADHD; I am looking for a psychologist

Hi! I am diagnosed with ADHD; I am looking for a psychologist and/or behavior psychologist to reinforce my current Concerta treatment. I am looking to resolve some personal issues and achieve the potential I feel I should be reaching.

Downside? I live in Saudi Arabia; visited a couple of locals but the difference in culture is too wide to have a meaningful session.

May I please have a hint as to my possible options be?

Dr. Z. :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Customer:

Cool.

Dr. Z. :

I am sorry that you are having difficulty with finding a good psychologist to support your ADHD treatment in Saudi Arabia.

Dr. Z. :

Have you thought about e-therapy? This is electronic therapy that you can do through chats or video conferencing?

Customer:

Meh. They are all Jungians down here.

Customer:

I prefer Freudians

Dr. Z. :

So you like the the psychoanalytical type of therapy to help you

Customer:

Yes. I am looking for both someone to help me re-inforce certain behaviors regarding my ADHD

Customer:

and i am looking for someone to help me unravel what i think as incongruence inside and outside my skull, hehe.

Customer:

regarding skyping or similar video conferencing, i am def not against the idea.

Dr. Z. :

I think this would be your best option, since you are in an area that does not have access to the type of therapists that you like. Would you like me to recommend some sites for you?

Customer:

sure.

Customer:

also, if you know any Greek psychologist, I would like to try those, too

Customer:

since I am originally from Greece.

Dr. Z. :

Well this website has a slew of therapists for you all across the world, so I am sure someone may be from Greece, but let me do some more digging for a Greek therapist that provides e-therapy.

Customer:

great, thank you!

Dr. Z. :

And also this therapist is not Greek, but he does practice psychoanalysis

Customer:

heh. ok

Dr. Z. :

Im still looking for a Greek therapist, give me a few more minutes. E-therapy is still new, so not that many therapists practice it.

Customer:

in psychoanalysis, is it necessary to be physically present?

Customer:

i mean, next to your doctor.

Dr. Z. :

No it is not necessary to be physically present. E-therapy is still very new as I mentioned, so i am not sure of its efficacy when compared to traditional face to face therapy. But I do know that psychoanalysis has been studied for years through phone therapy and it was still judged to be effective.

Customer:

awesome.

Dr. Z. :

So here is a therapist that practices in Greece and provides online therapy as well. Also is trained in psychoanalysis (Freudian).

Customer:

cool@

Dr. Z. :

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Dr. Z. :

So far that is the only Greek psychoanlaytical therapist that provides online therapy that I can find

Customer:

Heh, I am still trying to figure out if I am Master Turing dreaming that I am a machine

or I am a machine dreaming I am Master Turing.

Customer:

But that is a Koan for another conversation.

Customer:

thanks. i think we are done.

Dr. Z. :

Hopefully the therapist will help with that, I am sure you both will figure it out together :) I want to wish you the best of luck with your treatment. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Customer:

cool. thanks. later!

Dr. Z. :

You are most welcome :)