Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

chat please

chat please
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Kaushik :

Greetings.

Dr. Kaushik :

How are you today ?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

good

Customer:

everyday is better

Customer:

less fugue

Dr. Kaushik :

ok.

Dr. Kaushik :

good.

Customer:

yes

Customer:

but i want to ask

Customer:

risperdal vs remeron which make more weight gain?

Dr. Kaushik :

both almost equal.

Customer:

??

Dr. Kaushik :

however at low dose risperdal

Dr. Kaushik :

is relatively safer

Customer:

i see

Dr. Kaushik :

so up to 3 mg / day if you take the risperdal

Dr. Kaushik :

then it is less likely that you will gain weight however one cannot say the same for remeron even at low dose of 7.5 mg

Customer:

how risperrdal cause weight gain?

Dr. Kaushik :

increased appetite

Customer:

i see

Dr. Kaushik :

so if you can increase your metabolism by doing regular exercises like cardio exercises

Customer:

very good

Customer:

ok

Customer:

when i go up to 2 mg?

Dr. Kaushik :

along with taking small frquent meals at 2-3 hr intervals then it is unlikely that you will gain weight on this drug.

Customer:

and how i take 2 mg?

Dr. Kaushik :

2 mg at night after dinner.

Customer:

at night

Customer:

twice?

Customer:

ok

Dr. Kaushik :

no

Customer:

from today?

Dr. Kaushik :

only once at night as a single dose \

Customer:

i make it 2 mg?

Dr. Kaushik :

have you been on 1mg dose for 1 week by now

Dr. Kaushik :

i do not think so ?

Customer:

no 4 days

Dr. Kaushik :

ok, then do not hurry

Dr. Kaushik :

wait another 3 days and then up the dose to 2 mg at night as a single dose .

Customer:

after one week i make 2 mg?

Dr. Kaushik :

yes.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

in future

Dr. Kaushik :

you should have been on 1 mg for a total of 1 week

Customer:

can i change remeron and risperdal for something do not cause weight gain?

Dr. Kaushik :

so as of now since you have been on it for 4 days so another 3 days to go for you to tritrate up the dose.

Dr. Kaushik :

Actually i told you about abilify which was too expensive but that drug does not cause weight gain and provides the same function as risperdal

Dr. Kaushik :

but iunfortunately the rest of the drugs too cause weight gain.

Dr. Kaushik :

plus now your main motive should be to come out of fugue completely and then once you will start withdrawing from these drugs , your weight will come back to normal with the help of regular exercise and proper diet maintenance.

Dr. Kaushik :

I hope this is understood.

Dr. Kaushik :

So as of now please do not change anything as you are responding well to the current regime of drugs, any sort of change in the regime may compromise our strategy and push again to the starting line

Customer:

i see

Customer:

but effexor cant be insted remeron?

Dr. Kaushik :

No not now .

Customer:

in future

Dr. Kaushik :

as it may react badly with zoloft

Dr. Kaushik :

you will have to replace zoloft with it

Dr. Kaushik :

instead of remeron

Customer:

i see

Customer:

but zoloft is good

Dr. Kaushik :

remeron and effexor make a very good combination called as Califormia rocket fuel against treatment resistant anxiety and depressive disorders.

Dr. Kaushik :

so that is why stick to zoloft and the current regime

Customer:

i see

Dr. Kaushik :

Again i am saying that you need to stick to one regime for some time because otherwise it will become difficult for you to overcome your conditions if you keep on changing the drugs so rampantly

Customer:

yes indeed

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Kaushik :

I must say that you have improved your english over the course of time.

Dr. Kaushik :

That is very good.

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Kaushik :

This again reinforces the fact that your fugue is becoming less\

Dr. Kaushik :

otherwise you would not have made such improvement.

Dr. Kaushik :

I wish you all the best.

Customer:

yes

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Kaushik :

Take care.

Dr. Kaushik :

Regards.

Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience: MD Psychiatry