Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

I,. know something hasn,t been right for me in the last 2 years.

I,. know something hasn,t been right for me in the last 2 years. in the past I,ve had depression problems, but never started acting out when I didn,t feel right , like stressed or lonely it just seems I have to shop ,spend money I don,t have. I can,t seem to stop! I don,t have health insurance,so I,m stuck help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Z. :

Hello I believe I can help you tonight

Dr. Z. :

I am so sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms, I can imagine how distressing this must be for you

Dr. Z. :

I would like to ask you a few questions to get more information, so I can better serve you if that is okay

Dr. Z. :

You mentioned that you have suffered with depressive symptoms in the past, do you feel the last 2 years are different then your previous depressive experiences?

Customer:

of course

Dr. Z. :

Also you stated that you take over the counter pills, may I ask what pills are you taking exactly?

Customer:

yes, before I just wanted to sleep

Customer:

melatonin and what ever vitimans I have that say they calm you

Customer:

b,s and the stuff called calm

Dr. Z. :

Okay, and do you have any symptoms of sudden mood swings, inappropriate anger, difficulty controlling emotions, especially anxiety, sadness, and irritability?

Customer:

oh yes

Dr. Z. :

Ad the intense shopping that you do and spend money, would say this is impulsive behavior?

Customer:

I,m aiso just started something called5-HTP

Customer:

YES IT IS

Dr. Z. :

Alright, well I am pretty sure that you have a diagnosis called Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) this includes depressive symptoms that you are experiencing, fear of being alone or lonely, mood swings, impulsivity, anger outbursts, and the diffculty regulating emotions. Here is a good link explaining it further for you

Dr. Z. :

I think this is why this type of depressive symptoms that you are experiencing feels different than before

Customer:

how is this different from the oppressive and compulsive disorder

Customer:

can you help me to treat this condition?

Dr. Z. :

Well the obsessive and compulsive disorder (OCD) is mainly an anxiety disorder. BPD is more similar to Bipolar disorder, except here you do not have "highs" where you feel euphoric, your only highs are of anxiety and irritability

Dr. Z. :

Yes I can definitely help you to try to get treatment, the best type of treatment is called Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and I would like to recommend this link for self-help DBT and these books for self-help DBT and BPD information that can help

Dr. Z. :

Also I know you do not have health insurance, but prescription medications can help control this disorder more than the supplements you are taking, so would you like links to non-profit organizations that provide free or low cost prescription medication for you?

Customer:

I have a hard time reading and understanding what I,ve read

Customer:

yes please but will they help without seeing me?

Dr. Z. :

They usually require a physician prescription, and you can get that at a free clinic if you like. They do not have to see you though, you just have to fill out their applications online.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

what do I tell them

Dr. Z. :

Well these non-profit organizations are designed to help individuals without medical insurance, like yourself. So in reality, you an explain that you do not have medical insurance and you have low income. Also you are need medication for a diagnosable disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. This should be sufficient for the reason why you are seeking their assistance

Dr. Z. :

Here are a list of the websites for you

Customer:

ok dr. thank-you so much you are a gods send bless you

Dr. Z. :

Anytime, is there anything else I can do for you tonight?

Customer:

no I,ll see what I can find for clinics here

Dr. Z. :

Well I want to wish you the best of luck with everything. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.