Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Is there a way to take the MMPI OKMH(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Customer Question

Is there a way to take the MMPI without it actually becoming a permanent part of my medical record?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 7 months ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Talk to a private psychologist and arrange for the test. You can do it anonymously or with an assumed name. There is no reason to have a permanent record of this test between you and your psychologist.

Customer:

Fantastic. I was told that I had to use my social security number when I took the test, and that is just not something I am going to do.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me check to make sure that this is not a new ruling. It was never that way before Please give me a moment.

Customer:

And how do I find someone who is a experienced with ADD - bipolar - perimenopause fun? Not something I can ask my friends about.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I see no changes. Let me check one more place, but I do not think so. GIve me another moment please.. Tell me your city and state and I will give you some contacts. Do you have insurance needs?

Customer:

Salt Lake City, UT and from what I have read of the reams of forms I have filled out at doctor's offices I have NO real privacy if I use insurance. Computer privacy is a total oxymoron. Esp since we have already had the state "allow" access by hackers into our Medicare files.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Then go private. My private patients have no public records whatsoever unless they are insurance. Use cash.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me find someone who can help you in your area.

Customer:

Thank you. I will do exactly that. I gather you agree with my assessment? Or are you just providing me with support? :) I would love the list of specialist you can refer me to here.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I could best assess you in person with a great deal of back and forth dialogue but I shall provide you with the names of some good therapists in your area.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dr. Jeff Kocherhans, psychologist

1208 E 3300 S
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Carie B. Schwartz, PsyD
1104 Ashton Ave.
Suite 212
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Robert Jay Thomas, Psychologist

675 East 2100 South
Suite 250
Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I see that you have left the chat.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to get back to me.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer:

Sorry. I went off to get my tea. Thank you for the list.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are very welcome. May I ask what kind of tea?

Customer:

Oolong. Re-steepable all day and tastes OK if its ice cold in the morning.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I love oolong and put all my tea in the fridge. :)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success and shall keep you in my prayers for healing and well-being.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

One more thought. Does the caffeine affect you?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Steep all day and it is stronger.

Customer:

Too funny. When I go to the hard stuff (black tea with tons of sugar) I know I am having a bad day. And I cannot drink anything stronger than oolong after 2 pm if I want to sleep at all at night. (and I usually manage to go to sleep around 3 am unless I use chemical help). My maternal grandmother was the same.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

My advice is to avoid the chemical sleep aids.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The tons of sugar will give you a quick boost and then a big letdown.

Customer:

Mine too. And most of those other drugs I have been offered have had such a host of side effects that I feel worse than I did with my original complaint. The oolong has helped wean me off the sugar-tea I drank for 35+ years.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I also recommend Yerba Mate (mah tay)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

A South American herb with some caffeine and good medicinal properties.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

For calming and antioxidants.

Customer:

The girly tea? Not to my taste. Lucky me, I am a highly-sensitive-person who is also very picky. My roommate swears by rooibos.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Yerba mate is drunk by the gauchos (cowboys).

Customer:

What I meant was that it has been recommended consistently to help with my "female" problems. No offense meant. :)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

No offense taken. I didn't know it had those properties.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I just looked up rooibos and now I want to try it.

Customer:

The caramel and the toffee flavoured ones (Fava Tea) fill our home with a wonderful smell.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Sounds lovely.

Customer:

Thank you for your help and have a lovely evening.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.