Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

Chat please

Chat please
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Kaushik :

Greetings !

Dr. Kaushik :

Welcome to the site.

Dr. Kaushik :

How are you doing ?

Customer:

Hi fugue is getting less ptsd getting less.but i feel deppressed because of weight gain

Dr. Kaushik :

ok.

Customer:

Am doing sport

Customer:

I feel i will eat a cow!!!

Customer:

With remeron

Dr. Kaushik :

please explain what do you mean by eating a cow ?

Customer:

Is the peoblem just in appritte or metabolism also

Customer:

?

Customer:

Remeron make weight gain what ever you do!

Customer:

Am not eating at all

Customer:

"--

Customer:

:-(

Dr. Kaushik :

i know

Customer:

Is there a midcine stop that

Customer:

I wish to eat pizza

Customer:

Am not eating at all

Customer:

Even thought weight increasing!!!

Dr. Kaushik :

but you tell me have you come down to 15 mg of remeron.

Customer:

No 22.5

Customer:

But it is not big deal

Dr. Kaushik :

why do not you come down to 15 mg.

Customer:

I will but in future

Dr. Kaushik :

it will control your weight gain.

Customer:

As well as fugue is getting less

Dr. Kaushik :

you see remeron may slow down one's metabolism in some individuals

Customer:

Can i take something to stop remeron side effect?

Dr. Kaushik :

other than increasing appetite which is more common cause of weight gain due to it.

Dr. Kaushik :

so in your case it is possible that since your appetite is still less but the metabolism has been slowed down by remeron.

Dr. Kaushik :

but as i said earlier you need not take too much tension about weight gain and try to work out and do running and play sports to maintain weight

Customer:

Lets try something lower apptite?

Dr. Kaushik :

soon when your fugue and ptsd are reduced considerably then you can come down to 15 mg and futher down to 7.5 mg ( half of 15 mg ) and as a result of this your weight will be controlled and with exercise from then onwards you can reduce it.

Dr. Kaushik :

what do you mean by that.

Customer:

Is there something decrese apptite?

Customer:

I can take it

Dr. Kaushik :

i will not want to suggest you that because it is addictive in nature and has high risk for abuse.

Customer:

?

Dr. Kaushik :

the name is phentemine

Dr. Kaushik :

that is phentermine

Customer:

Why?

Dr. Kaushik :

but i will not suggest you that to reduce appetite because it is addictive and has high abuse potential.

Customer:

I can use it in good way

Dr. Kaushik :

i told you above because people who take it start getting addicted to it and then it precipitate manic or psychotic episode

Dr. Kaushik :

whicg means trouble

Customer:

Like what?

Dr. Kaushik :

mania and psychosis

Dr. Kaushik :

these are serious psychiatric disorders

Customer:

I see

Dr. Kaushik :

which no body wants to have as a side effect.

Customer:

Is there something can work as remeron?

Dr. Kaushik :

so the dis-benfits of phentermine outweigh it's benefits therefore i will ask you to not to take it.

Customer:

I see

Dr. Kaushik :

As of now you are doing fine on the current drug regime and soon you will be coming off remeron so a this point i will ask you to continue taking it.

Customer:

Yes

Dr. Kaushik :

Basically please keep your worries regarding weight gain aside for sometime

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

About fugue

Dr. Kaushik :

and just get over and done with your symptoms first

Customer:

Q

Dr. Kaushik :

yes.

Dr. Kaushik :

please ask it.

Customer:

Ok about fugue

Customer:

Clonazbam is working well

Customer:

As .25 twice

Customer:

Can i fast processes?

Customer:

By take .5 twice?

Dr. Kaushik :

Yes you may do that but do not go beyond this.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

Thank you very much

Customer:

I keep in touch

Dr. Kaushik :

Take care.

Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience: MD Psychiatry