Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Hi, i have a special needs family of 2 kids and 1 adult, I

Hi, i have a special needs family of 2 kids and 1 adult, I can usually handle things well, I keep everything running on systems, so there are no suprises, but it's becoming school time, and that can be stressful. i was wondering if a prescription of xanax would help. I'm generally happy, i don't use alchohol, or antidepressants. Thank you XXXXX

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your question

DoctorZ :

Xanax is a good medication to help reduce stress and anxiety very fast as it should start working within an hour of use, but it can also cause common side effects of drowsiness, dizziness, and low energy too

DoctorZ :

Usually at low doses these side effects are not a problem, and the body does adjust where these side effects are not a problem either

Customer:

Hi, I appreciate your response

Customer:

will i be able to get a subscription?

DoctorZ :

You mean a prescription? Yes your general physician can give you a prescription, make sure you say that you only need this medication "as needed for stressful events," so you will not be taking it regularly. The reason for this is because this medication can be very physically addicting, also if you choose to stop the use of the medication inform your doctor so you can wean off of it slowly to not get any withdrawal effects

Customer:

ok, i understand. i am to procure a doctors prescription from here in america.

DoctorZ :

I am sorry it does not say where you are from on the website, are you in the United States?

Customer:

yes i am

DoctorZ :

Okay, then yes your general physician can prescribe that for you, you do not have to go to a psychiatrist. Medical experts on this website are not allowed to make prescriptions over the internet as it is against the law, we only dispense advice.

Customer:

ok, thank you so much, it was very helpful. B. Jones

DoctorZ :

Anytime, I am always happy to help

DoctorZ :

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer:

TY! no, unless you're not married jk jk jk ty!