Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

Im on 50 mg lustral 5 weeks now with 15 mg zispin ...the zispin

Im on 50 mg lustral 5 weeks now with 15 mg zispin ...the zispin works weep for me but very anxious during the day any advice
Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

Kindly please tell what time of the day are you taking these medications ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my query.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i take the lustrl 50 [email protected] zispin8pm

Thanks for the inputs.

Well what you can do is that you can get the dose of lustral raised to 75 - 100 mg in the morning or else get klonopin ( clonazepam) added at dose of 0.25 mg ( 1/2 of 0.5 mg dose) in the morning at 8 am and second dose of 0.25 mg in the evening at 5 pm.

So any one of the above 2 options when used will take care of your anxiety.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

If there is any further assistance needed please feel free to ask using the reply button.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just need to know how long should the lustral take to work

I am sorry to say but 5 weeks is a good enough time for this drug to have an impact on anxiety but since you are still having anxiety so this implies that the dose is sub-optimal to create an impact on anxiety therefore i suggested the dose increment so as to give this drug an edge to counter your anxiety.

It usually takes 2-3 weeks for lustral to start acting on the symptoms.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so should i up the dosage or maybe switch to effexor with the zispin maybe

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Think the doc was offline
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

im going to up the lustral too 100mg tom so any advice how things might go ..i have xanax if needed but try not to take them

I am sorry as i had internet connection problem at my end therefore could not return to your follow up question in time.

Well as far as your query is concerned, raising the dose of lustral to 100 mg will be a good ploy but please take note that you may not experience any immediate relief in your anxiety after this dose change but yes within a week or two your anxiety will begin to wane off while you stay put on this dose of 100 mg.

Xanax at dose of 0.25 -0.5 mg shall be taken on PRN basis that is as and when required basis at times of overwhelming anxiety so that it buys some time for the increased dose of lustral to start producing it's action in due course of time.

You see the combination of effexor and zispin is termed as 'California Rocket Fuel' because of it's great potency in alleviating both depression and anxiety but mostly it is reserved as a last resort when other drugs or combinations have failed to deliver relief.So as of now just try increasing the dose of lustral to 100 mg / day and take xanax on prn basis during this period so as to help you pass this initial period of dose adjustment. Zispin at 15 mg shall be continued as it is being taken right now.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much

You're welcome.

Take care.