Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Master Social Worker. Certified Life Coach
64783947

Hello Jen,We have chatted before and a new issue has ocured.

Hello Jen,

We have chatted before and a new issue has ocured. I was seeing this younger woman in Las Vegas ( I am in the Denver area) and met her on a site dating website called agematch.com for older men younger women. we actually met in March and I have been out there 3 times to see her and she has been out to Colorado to see me. This last weekend things just went to hell in a hand basket when I was visiting her. It was also my birthday weekend. she is 31 I am now 61. out of room on this!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Unfortunately I do not know when this may be, as the professionals come on line as they are available. You don't have to stand by, you will get an email telling you when you have received a response. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,

Camille

Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

Sorry for the delay in my response. I did not receive any notification that you were looking for me. I think if you are looking for me in the future, begin a new question and put for CoachJenK only at the beginning of it.
Tell me what happened that things didn't go well the last time you were together?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this web site is confusing.. it was my birthday evening we met for dinner she was dressed to the nines ,,,, dinner went well she gave me a birthday gift of two bottles of wine red and white and inside the wine gift bag were two condoms and a body gel... I didn't peek inside until she went to the ladies room I smiled and said finally! I may get to have sex with her... so after dinner we went to a casino did some gambling then she was fairly drunk she then wanted to go to browse the shops at Caesars she went into two or three stores then went into a dress shop called bebe and spent over an hour there at least.. I was getting tired and went to wait outside... the store started to close and I looked inside and she did not seem to be in side I looked from two different angles thru the glass and did not see her,, so I figured she left thru the back door... I texted her about 10 mins later and asked where she was she said she left cause she didn't see me... so I said that was BS and she went home...I told her that wasn't cool to lead me on about the condoms in the gift..and it was a mean joke

To me it sounds like two people on two different pages and two different spaces in life. I dont think her gift wad a joke but she seems a bit more self involved than you thought. Not uncommon for a younger woman.

Time to dust off and move on with someone a bit more similar.

Signing off for the night. Will check back tomorrow for a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I know it is time to move on but the tough part is letting go.. we did have a good time most of the time we seemed to have a connection...I neglected to inform you she said it was meant as a joke that's why I told her to me it was a mean joke..so my dilemma is trying to figure out what I could have differently and why it is hard to accept it was another failed relationship..so much more but that's it in a nutshell

The connection was there but it sounds like it was more about fun and spending time together rather than something more long-term. Age is just a number until it isn't. Meaning that although you may connect on some levels, being in the same place in life and what you desire may be different.

So although it feels like another failed relationship,I see it more as one that ran its course as it filled what you both needed at the time. If you look at it in terms of that it may feel easier to feel okay about it all. Letting go is always hard. And I know you desire a younger woman, but you may continue to find that you are in different places in your lives when the span is so great.

Keep your chin up and open yourself up to all possibilities.
Coach Jen K., LCSW, CPC
Experience: Licensed Master Social Worker. Certified Life Coach