Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane (only), I have good news I really.

Dear Dr. Keane (only), I have good news I really want to tell you. An application for a winter (dare I say the word lol) Christmas craft fair has been accepted. I felt spurred on by our chat. I think this one really should go ahead, unlike the last one I tried for. I also got an idea of how to continue with a story I had started ages ago and wrote some of it down. You asked about my schedule for the fall. I forgot to mention that the group I lead for kids in my area starts back in the fall, which is once every week, and a church bible study cum social group I like to at times attend, is once every second week. Busy, yes, but same as most years. I've made a bit of time for seeing a couple of friends and of course there will still be time to chat and post to you. On another note, I don’t know if you read at all what I tried to write to you on Wednesday, but decided to make a GP appointment. I’ve done anyway what they suggested and try no Fluoxitine at all during the PMT time (couldn’t anyway as was caught out anyway as thought I had more time to get some more, turned out I didn’t) I believe that I used every technique I’ve learnt from you, and although that did help a lot, I will be wise to go back to the routine of taking the Fluoxitine alongside the techniques to keep getting rid of this side of PMT or at least to make it even more managable, do you think what I am thinking is still sensible? I hope we do get to chat some time again, but I know you’re a busy lady at the moment, so I’m just hoping you have time to be on line to get this to at least respond if we can’t catch today or tomorrow in chat. I’m not around on Friday and not sure about the weekend. I hope you are having a good week and I am so very glad that you are still here giving me your very valuable, friendly support. You always helps a tremendous amount.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Keane :

Hi

Dr. Keane :

Sounding good....

Customer:

I think so too.

Customer:

That previous chat with you really helped.

Dr. Keane :

I was a bit concerned by your post that said you were out of meds and decided not to take them, glad you changed your mind.

Dr. Keane :

Glad to hear the chat helped, you just needed to have some "food for thought" !

Customer:

I really did think that I had more time to make a GP appointment before this month's period. Time sort of flew.

Customer:

I've made an appointment now, so will be more ready for next month's

Dr. Keane :

The med issue puzzled me since you are on such a good path and stepping out of your comfort zone to expand your network that I worried stopping would halt your progress a bit. Glad you have an appointment.

Customer:

I don't take them everyday though, just for the time of my period.

Customer:

as the GP said.

Customer:

so I'm managing, but been a bit down today at times.

Dr. Keane :

Happens to everyone, not every day can be a great day! You know the drill, feeling down, use self talk, stay busy, breath deeply etc....

Customer:

so I guess I really do need them for that 10 days still, although saw a little bit of improvement, so perhaps also now, I'll feel less bad about taking them as I can see that it might not be a forever thing.

Customer:

I've been taking a lot of deep breaths, doing my work and not long back so had some music on was making a bracelet.

Dr. Keane :

It won't be forever, you have it under control...and doing all the right things.

Dr. Keane :

How popular is the Christmas craft fair? is it a large event?

Customer:

I know I was silly not to have made the appointment sooner and then to be all indecisive. I have it almost under control.

Customer:

Well, it's in a small city and there's 66 spaces.

Dr. Keane :

wasn't silly as you said time flies, you just didn't get to it..

Customer:

60 spaces in a large area and 6 in a much smaller area.

Dr. Keane :

that's quite a large number of spaces.....

Dr. Keane :

I would bet it will happen, especially at holiday time

Customer:

Yes. There was another one, a bit smaller but it's on a day I have theatre tickets booked.

Customer:

I reckon it will happen too. I really hope so anyway. So, I've opted for the larger area, in case people don't make it through to the smaller area. There is not that much travelling either to get to it.

Customer:

In November, it's a lot closer to Christmas time, so reckon I stand a chance of selling some.

Dr. Keane :

A lot of Christmas craft fairs promote items that have a theme, and jewelry is always a hit because it isn't "themed" and can be used all year.

Dr. Keane :

unless of course you make a few "Holiday" pieces which I am also sure will sell.

Customer:

That's a thought. I could do that with non-holiday pieces. It had sort of crossed my mind, but since forgotten.

Customer:

depends on what I can find too.

Dr. Keane :

Might be a good idea to write your thoughts down so you have a little notebook that gets filled with good ideas for the next time, as well as writing down what worked and what didn't at your first show!!!

Dr. Keane :

I believe there is a way you can post a photo, I'd like to see one that is complete. I am not sure how that works.

Customer:

Oh that makes sense. I feel now like I should have thought about that, since I do that for the kids group I run.

Customer:

Oh is there?

Customer:

I can investigate that and can do that for you some time.

Dr. Keane :

I am not sure, I know there is a paper clip that is for inserting an image, just never used it here

Dr. Keane :

should play around with that and see what it does when I have a lot of time lol!

Customer:

Oh yes, I see the paperclip now, says Insert/Edit image.

Customer:

Could be quite fun playing around with that.

Customer:

Have you had a busy week?

Dr. Keane :

yes, in fact I just looked at the clock and have to get back to the office, been very busy for August. Usually a lot more free time but not complaining!

Customer:

Okay, well, thank you for chatting and hope the rest of your week goes well.

Dr. Keane :

Try and get one of your photos loaded here so I can see your work. You have a great weekend....can't believe it's Thursday already!

Customer:

I will, I promise. It's been a quick week for me too.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hand-crafted Bracelet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dr. Keane, I have tried to post a photo (it's above) of a bracelet I have made. I do think I need to play around with it a bit more as if you click on View Full Image it comes up way too big and close and does not give a picture of the whole bracelet all at once, and the image without doing that may be small, not sure, it may look different on your screen than my initial one, hard to tell. Anyway, there is a picture of one. I think it's very nice that you actually wanted to see one. I make other styles too, so if you'd like to see another, I can try and post a different one, once it's made. I am just waiting for a specific type of bead to arrive in the post, then I can make more. I hope that you have been having a good weekend. I will await in anticipation with your opinion. I have a busy week ahead, but hope to catch you some time soon. I've just realised it's Labor day, so I hope you get to enjoy your national holiday.

Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.
You tried successfully to post a photo of your work, it's really very pretty....! I'd like to see your other work as well when you have time. I use to go to NYC to buy beads in the wholesale district. (Yes, I did that too) It was always a treat to be among boxes and boxes of beads and silver charms, long time ago though!
Dr. Keane, Therapist