Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

hi doc I am drinking 10mg lexamil(escitalopram) and urbanol

hi doc
I am drinking 10mg lexamil(escitalopram) and urbanol 10mg for anxiety and extreme shyness.i am very quiete and want to change that. is this medication a good combination for extreme anxiety shyness extreme anxiety for talking to people and stop being so quiete???been so from 5 years or younger and in 34 years old
Started with 5mg leximal for 12 days and only drank 5mg urbonal in stead of 10mg.
I am on my 2nd day of lexamil on 10mg and i want to know should i drink
the 10mg urbanol every morning or only if i need it for it to work?
Should i consistently drink 1 a day like doctor orders for it to work for anxiety
Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

Well you see it takes roughly 2-3 weeks for lexamil to start producing it's action against anxiety including social anxiety that prevents you from talking to other people. But so far you had been on a low dose of lexamil that is 5 mg / day and now only 2 days back you were shifted to 10 mg dose which is a good dose to be on so as to make progress with your anxiety condition.

So i suggest that you continue on 10 mg lexamil which if the need arises may be raised to as much as 20 mg / day provided if 10 mg dose does not work for your anxiety in the next 2 weeks.

Other than this urbanol at 10 mg shall be continued for another 2 weeks and then it may be taken on PRN basis that is as and when required basis.

So to summarize for next 2 weeks continue on lexamil 10 mg / day and urbanol 10 mg / day and then you shall only continue to take lexamil at 10 mg /day dose with use of urbanol 10 mg reduced to PRN USE that is as and when required basis.

This is a good combination and you are on the right track so i urge you to continue with the same drug regime and discuss the above mentioned strategy with your prescribing doctor for future course of action.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

Regards.