Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

i took half of a 0.5 zanax at 12pm and then took a 0,5 mg at

i took half of a 0.5 zanax at 12pm and then took a 0,5 mg at 430pm when is it safe to take the last dose a little scared
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your question.

DoctorZ :

May I ask you for how long have been taking the Xanax for (e.g. days, weeks, months)?

Customer:

about 8 months

Customer:

are you there

DoctorZ :

Okay, well Xanax dosage can go up to 10mg a day for some individuals, so you need not worry about taking too much. You can take another Xanax with no side effects when you feel you need it

DoctorZ :

You can take the last dose right before bed time if you wish because it can make you drowsy

Customer:

is 0.5 mg of zanax 5mg i get confused

Customer:

so what time should i take it

DoctorZ :

No 0.5mg of Xanax means it is half of 1mg. 0.5mg of Xanax is really a low dose

DoctorZ :

When do you usually go to bed?

Customer:

about 11pm

DoctorZ :

Then you can take it around 9:30-10

Customer:

ok thank you one more question how long does it last

DoctorZ :

The Xanax is fast acting and has a half life of 11.2 hours which means it loses half of its effectiveness at that time.

DoctorZ :

If you take it three times a day though, you will be fine

Customer:

ok thank you imstarting effexor 37.5 mg is it safe and when should i take the zanax after the effexor

DoctorZ :

You can take both of those medications together safely and it does not matter if you take the xanax before or after the effexor, but space them out by an hour at least

Customer:

ok you do work in mental health right my md said not to take it so you know more people in mental health no more

DoctorZ :

I am a psychologist, so yes I do work in mental health

Customer:

you know what i mean i just get nervous about meds

Customer:

thank you did not mean anything mean

DoctorZ :

I understand that, the medications you are on are not high doses and you should be fine with them.

Customer:

ok got you thank you for making me feel better have a good night it was worth the 19 dollars

DoctorZ :

Anytime, I am always happy to help

DoctorZ :

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me again at anytime

DoctorZ :

I hope I provided you with excellent service tonight

Customer:

yes thank you

DoctorZ :

Do not worry, these medications are safe and at low doses, you will be fine :)

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.