Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

What are ways to ease anxiety?

What are ways to ease anxiety?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 35 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem you are having.

Bill :

Are you available to chat now?
\

Bill :

Everyone experiences anxiety at one time or another and this is a problem that is 100 percent treatable. So the first thing to understand is that this is a common problem and one that you can deal with

Bill :

How long has this been a problem for you?

Customer:

hi, i can chat for a little bit

Bill :

Okay- How long has this been a problem for you?

Customer:

yea, i think ive always been a somewhat neurotic person? But for the past year and a half its really been my job and overall trying to figure out waht i want to do with my life

Customer:

what i do at work just kind of fell in my lap, and its not what i want to do. but i have no idea what it is i DO want

Bill :

This is very common but understably unique and difficult for all who experience these feelings.

Customer:

but i've had anxiety for a while i think. for different reason. in college it was my studies and my boyfriend at the time.

Customer:

and ive had hyperhidrosis since i was 12 or so

Customer:

and i hear that stems from anxiety

Customer:

or maybe genetics? because my father has it too

Bill :

Sounds very likely -----anxiety is essentially internal emotional build up about what is going to happen in the future.

Bill :

If you are in college, I am wondering if you would consider getting some short term counseling at the college counseling center?

Bill :

Also, I am going to give you a like from Harvard medical that will allow you to measure your anxiety and learn more about how to deal with it.

Customer:

oh no, i havent been in college in two years

Customer:

i just feel this way everyday

Bill :

okay- I understand--again- the above link will give you a quiz to measure your level of anxiety. I strongly recommend that young adults get some short term counseling for this as it will help to nip it in the bud.

Customer:

ok great. thank you so much! i'll take the test and let you know if I have any further questions

Bill :

It can have genetic connection and you want to have someone help you work on this or the anxiety will continue to esclate.

Bill :

okay- if you want to see a counselor-

Bill :

You can locate resources here:

Bill :

I wish you the very best-------I think that you will find lots of helpful information in the Link from Harvard-----

Bill :

It is something that you can learn to deal with and you should be fine.

Customer:

great. thanks again

Bill :

You are most welcome

Bill :

You can rate the response now.

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's