Antonio Colorado
Antonio Colorado, Psychologist
Experience:  Anxiety? Depression? Panic Attacks? Phobias? Sexual Problems? Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? 14 years of experience.
74635654

Quick Interview

I have interview questions I need answered by a licensed clinical psychologist who has been active for longer than five years or a licensed professional that provides mental health services. Will take less than 10 minutes to answer them all.

In what setting do you practice?

How long have you been practicing?

What are your specialties or areas of clinical focus?

What are the most common disorders you treat?

Do you have any special certifications or training beyond your original graduate coursework?

How do you approach therapy or treatment?

Do you use specific modalities, techniques, or interventions.

What ethical and legal issues do you think are the most challenging or common?

Do you have an opinion on where you think the field of psychology is heading?

What do you enjoy most about your work?

What advice would you provide an aspiring psychologist or therapist?

I will add a bonus for your time. Thank you in advance.

Antonio Colorado :

Hello! I will be answering your questions today.

Customer:

Sounds good, thank you.

Antonio Colorado :

1) I practice in a private office, before that I worked twelve years in an institute for mental health.

Antonio Colorado :

and before that I did my practice with paraplegic patients. I've been giving therapy for 16 years now.

Antonio Colorado :

2) 16 years

Antonio Colorado :

3) Depression, Couples Therapy, Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Adolescents, Sexual Orientation, Family Therapy.

Antonio Colorado :

4

Antonio Colorado :

4) I have a license of the Department of Health and every three years I have to take at least 45 credits in continuing education.

Antonio Colorado :

I have a certification from a pharmaceutical company that I've been trained to give some special kind of interviews for psychological investigations.

Antonio Colorado :

5) I use empathy first and foremost. First impressions are the most important. As long as I stay friendly and I tell them what to expect from my service and ask them what will they expect, I think that's a good start. I try to be as down to earth as possible. I'm not the kind of therapist that projects superiority in any way!

Customer:

I like that.

Antonio Colorado :

Yeah I think it really helps and it is natural, not robotic.

Antonio Colorado :

6) Actually I'm pretty much eclectic. I analyze the problem and the person to see in what direction should I go. It can go in any direction. It's like with medication. Some are good to some and some are not. The same with techniques, you have to find the right one for the person. Be it psychodynamic, cognitive or behavioral, etc.. Whichever fits the person best.

Antonio Colorado :

7) It is pretty important to have those things in mind all the time. Not to get too personal with a patient, not too friendly. And if you have a person that is suicidal, you should follow the rules just as the law says. If someone tells you that they are going to hurt someone or want to, you have to take the right steps, also, following all the ethical rules.

Antonio Colorado :

8) I think psychologists are becoming the priests of the future. They will become an integral part in the life of all citizens, just like getting a haircut, or like going to a doctor for a check up but periodically.

Customer:

That's one way of looking at it. It is needed by many.

Antonio Colorado :

Sorry are you still there?

Customer:

Yes, I'm here

Antonio Colorado :

Did you have another question?

Customer:

Just the last two on the list.

Antonio Colorado :

I'm so sorry! I answered both questions! You didn't get the last two? I'm sorry...I'll answer them again...

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX received your responses on this end. I would greatly appreciate it.

Antonio Colorado :

9) I enjoy seeing someone change. Change into something better. I get a satisfaction from knowing that I helped that person become a better person. There's no greater gift than that when you're a psychologist. I enjoy listening to them, and being able to look for a solution to their problems and then see their face lit up when they finally realized what they can do to change the things that were causing the problem.

Antonio Colorado :

Did you get that one? Just making sure. I mean the last one I thought I outdid myself! But I don't have it copied. =( lol...I'll do my best again.

Antonio Colorado :

realize*

Customer:

Yes, I did.

Customer:

Just one more and we are done. ;-)

Antonio Colorado :

Most of all, to have a psychologist of their own. I mean, we all have problems and we have to deal with them. We are better psychologists when we take care of our minds and emotions. So, I would definitely say to them that they should always deal with their issues and never take them for granted. Oh, and always be empathic but without getting attached to the person. I know that's hard to do, but it's a trick I have learned in time.

Customer:

Thank you for your time and sharing your personal knowledge.

Customer:

You are the best!!

Antonio Colorado :

Well I'm not sure about being the best! lol...but I try. You're welcome!

Antonio Colorado :

and I hope you become an excellent psychologist!!!

Customer:

Thank you

Customer:

I am trying to submit the rating so you can get paid, but it keeps sending me back here?

Antonio Colorado :

ok try it now...

Antonio Colorado :

you still there?