TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

The man who I have been seeing (we are both in our sixties)

The man who I have been seeing (we are both in our sixties) said goodbye to me the other night in a way I`ve not experienced before. He stood on the ground and I was a step above him. He kissed me longingly and placed his head on my chest hugging me tight, almost in a rocking fashion. It was wonderful. We have been seeing each now for almost six weeks.. What do you think this new goodbye means? Prior to this it has been a sweet ,somewhat long kiss. Carol
Hello Carol, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like the new kiss was a way to experience what you feel for each other in a new way. And that is a good sign. It means that your expression of your feelings for each other can vary. And being flexible with how you express your feelings helps a relationship stay fresh and fun.

It could also mean that your boyfriend enjoyed kissing you with you being taller than he is. He might have liked the change since it is usually the man who is taller. It gave him the chance to hug you in another way and experience comfort from you from another perspective.

Overall, this new experience is good for your relationship. His willingness to kiss you in new ways means he likes being with you. And he finds you interesting.

I hope this has helped you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think this might indicate that the relationship will be going to the next step, that is, more physically intimate? Carol

Yes, I think that is very possible. He sounds like he enjoys being with you and that he is willing to try new things with you which could indicate that his feelings are strong for you both emotionally and physically.

Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! I appreciate it.

My best to you and your boyfriend,