TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

My brother has been seeing a phychiatrist for 20 years. He

My brother has been seeing a phychiatrist for 20 years. He has some issues that I do not think his phychiatrist knows about. Can I make an appt and talk to the phyciatrist about my brother so that she is completely informed when he sees her.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Because of HIPAA laws, which are the laws that protect patients in Mental Health and health care in general, your brother's psychiatrist is not allowed to even acknowledge that your brother is a patient of hers. The only way she can do that is if your brother signs a release of information to allow certain people to talk to his psychiatrist about his care. So if your brother has signed a consent allowing you to talk to his doctor, you can make an appointment and talk to her about any concerns you have. However, if your brother has not done that, the best you can do is contact the doctor by phone or leave a message telling her of your concerns. She may not be able to answer back or even confirm she sees your brother but she can listen to what you have to say and use that to treat your brother.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like more info. Can I contact you in an hour. I am unavailable right now. Thanksi
Sure, no problem.

Kate
Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! I appreciate it. I will head over and answer the other question.

Kate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kate

I did not get an answer to my second e-mail question
You need to go over to the second question you asked. The answer will be there. If you cannot see it, let me know by responding on the second question.

Kate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Kate

I apologize but I do not have access to my second question. I am not sure why as I am not extremely savvy when it comes to technology. If you can send it to me I would appreciate it. If not, I will just say thank you for your help...
Ok, I will head over and respond to you on the new question. If you still cannot view it, you may want to ask customer service to assist you. I do not have any access to the workings of the questions, I can only answer them. JA customer service would be better equipped to help you. Sorry about the confusion.

Kate