Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, I think that the following bothers me a bit,

Dear Dr. Keane, I think that the following bothers me a bit, since it's something that crops up periodically in my thoughts: I at times, like at work mostly, think before I start, that I am going to come across as really unintelligent and not be much use. I am quite sure it's nonsense; otherwise I am sure that I would not be used to cover people as much as I am. (I do actually hope that I do have some intelligence and smartness about me) I'm okay when I'm actually working as I just get on with things and know what I'm doing, even though I make mistakes sometimes, but then I put that down to just being human and lots of the time I do a good job and give good customer satisfaction. I will also add that I do positive thinking and try and visualise a positive outcome, especially when I work with someone and somewhere I have not encountered before. I do actually like meeting and getting to know new people and I do know how to and mange to some extent to combat the negative thoughts. I just felt that I would like to chat about it with you. I hope we can chat, if not today, then some time during the week (I won’t be able to be here very often on Monday though, not until late evening here). I had a great time at the festival and look forward to talking to you about that too. I hope that you had a great weekend.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, that feeling you are experiencing is tied to self esteem. You realize that it's not true and understanding it allows you to do a great job. Your self esteem has grown immensely but these thoughts will pop up once in awhile. I'm glad you recognize what it for what it is, just a thought and you can go on and be successful at work.

Dr.Keane :

it for what it is....

Dr.Keane :

glad you enjoyed the festival, I'm sure it was a lot of fun. Hope to catch up in chat soon.