TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

I have come to the analysis of myself and it is major depression

I have come to the analysis of myself and it is major depression disorder. I have no insurance but I will try to pay myself for help. I know my time is short because you can only survive without help for so long. Can I get someone if I don't have insurance to see me and how much can I expect to pay? Charles C
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

You can get low cost/no cost mental health counseling at your local community mental health center. Try contacting your city or county government or the United Way. The United Way also knows other resources in your area that are low cost or no cost. Depending on your income, if you have any, the agency will either have you pay nothing or a low fee that you can afford.

You can also use self help as a way to alleviate some of your symptoms. Here are some resources to help you:

Also, try your local colleges and universities. Many psychology graduate students are available to see people for no cost therapy as part of their requirements for their degree.

You can also contact local therapists to see if they do pro bono work or if they will lower their fees so you can afford therapy.

On line therapy is also an option. It may not be free, but you may be able to find someone who charges lower fees to help you.

If you need medications, you can get them for low cost or even free. Try to look on these sites:

Also, check with the company that makes the medications. They often will help you with low cost or no cost medications.

I hope this has helped,

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!

I hope my answer was helpful to you, Charles. If you have any more questions, please let me know.