Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Hi are there any natural herbal supplements to replace risperidone

Hi are there any natural herbal supplements to replace risperidone and propranolol

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your question

Customer:

okay

DoctorZ :

You are asking if there are any natural supplements that can replace propranolol and risperidone. It really depends, what are you taking those medications for?

Customer:

i have been taking the risperidone for depression and anxiety and the propanolol for palpitations but i dont have the symptoms anymore.

DoctorZ :

Okay well there are some natural supplements that have been shown in some studies to help with depression and anxiety. Omega-3 supplements are used extensively for individuals with depression. St. Johns Wort has been used to help individuals with anxiety and depressive symptoms. Chamomille tea and Green tea have been linked to lessen symptoms of anxiety

DoctorZ :

Now will these supplements work as effectively as the medications you are currently on, most researchers would say no. But because you are no longer experiencing symptoms right now, these supplements may help maintain that equilibrium

DoctorZ :

In addition 20-30 minutes of sunshine have helped improve depressive moods. And exercise can increase endorphins and reduce cortisol, so your mood will feel better and you will have lessened anxiety.

Customer:

okay thankyou can i take it withour risperione

DoctorZ :

You can take these supplements without risperidone, except the St. Johns Wart. St. Johns Wart has shown that it can interfere with certain prescription medications (especially psychotropic medications)

Customer:

okay thankyou

DoctorZ :

Anytime, is there anything else I can assist you with ?