Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

help!! If feel really sorry for my boyfriend, having to put up with my mood swings. Just

help!! If feel really sorry for my boyfriend, having to put up with my mood swings. Just last week i was in town doing clothes shopping with him feeling very happy and aslo felt as if things in the relationship were going fine. We even talked about moving in together. Then this week i feel so down All the love, happiness, moving in together and even wanting him around has went out the window
Now i hate him to the point i shout,scream, throw things, get extreamly angry, irritated, and dont leave the house in case i upset friends, as i have pushed a good number of my family away like this but next week or week after i'll worship the ground he walk on... I am confuse about the realationship. So god knows how he feels being on th recieving end of it. I am terrified i'm going to lose him.The same way i did with half my family. I get so guilty i end up cutting my arms. Its been like this for as long as i can remember. My mum tried to get help but she was told there was nothing wrong with m

DoctorZ :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

DoctorZ :

I can understand the distress you are going through and why you do not want to push you boyfriend away with your mood swings.

DoctorZ :

May I ask how long you have had these types of mood swings for?

Customer: For as long as i can remember .but got worse when i went into care.
DoctorZ :

Okay, well I think what you have is a disorder called Borderline Personality Disorder. Here is a link that describes it more in detail for you

DoctorZ :

The good news is that there are treatments that can help manage the symptoms and lessen the behaviors that you are experiencing

Customer: As long as i can remember but got worse when i went into care
DoctorZ :

Well it is possible that when you went into care that you were given the wrong treatments that can make it worse

DoctorZ :

The best treatment for this type of disorder is called Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is used cognitive therapy to help change any negative thought pattern to become more positive. In addition is uses tenants from Easter philosophy that helps manage the emotions and behaviors, so that they do not control you, but you control them.

Customer: Thank you. Its abit of a smack in the face but at least i can get the help i need.
DoctorZ :

I understand, but I am here if you would like to talk about this more.

DoctorZ :

The first step is identifying the issue, and now that you have done that, seeking treatment is usually the next step

DoctorZ :

I will give you a link for self-help DBT therapy that can help right away

Customer: Thank you. Its a bit of a smack in the face but at least i can get the help i need.