TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Certified Life Coach

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 25 years yearsOKMH0801217

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am 25 years years old, married and have a 10 month old son. Over the past 3 years I have been having a lot of stress I can't really handle lately. From school, in laws, and just my wife not really being satisfied with me as a husband. I have been dealing with ADHD since 7th grade. I use to take adderal in 2004-2006 but I haven't taken it since. I'm wondering if it will help me it not. Can you lend some professional advice?

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

I am glad you have reached out Josh. sounds like things are pretty difficult right now and I think you may need more support than just a Psychiatrist right now to see if medication is warranted.

It is also important to know that having an infant at home is extremely stressful even under the best of circumstances, so I want you to give yourself some slack there. It is discouraging to hear that your wife is not feeling satisfied with you as a husband. Has she articulated in more depth what that really means? The two of you might benefit from some couples counseling to work out some of these issues. If finances are tight and they often are with a young baby then I would contact your local mental health facility to see what they have available. Sounds like you could benefit from some supportive therapy while waiting for the Pshiatrist appointment. you can also do a search for therapists in your area by visiting and click on find a therapist and enter your zip code. Many provide sliding scales and it may take a few phone calls to find the right one.

I hear that you need this support right now and want you to take that step. I am glad you have the appointment with the psychiatrist set up, but more is needed for you now to look at some of your feelings. You deserve that. You sound like a sensitive and loving man and deserve to feel good.

Let me know how else I might support you further. I am here.