Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

pschatrist.ptsd anixety r fear or stress what midctions for

pschatrist.ptsd anixety r fear or stress what midctions for that?

Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I know what medications you are taking but I will still ask you to mention them.

Secondly what happened with my previous suggestion of adding zyprexa or Seroquel to the current regime for your dissociation effective management ? Did you discuss this with your psychiatrist who you were going to meet ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yesbut am wating for responce.rivotril is very zyprexa help with ptsd anixety?and how long it take to work?and did it make weight gain?

Well zyprexa at low dose of 5 mg/day or seroquel at low dose of 25 mg/day or abilify at low dose of 5-10 mg / day can act as good supporting drugs to the current drug regime to counter and control your anxiety associated with PTSD.

Any one of these three can be added to the current drug regime and you can expect results in terms of improvement in your anxiety associated with PTSD within 2-3 weeks.

While zyprexa and seroquel are associated with weight gain in some of the users but Abilify is not associated with weight gain, however efficacy wise all of these three are almost same in terms of managing PTSD associated anxiety.

So if you are concerned about weight gain then abilify at dose of 5-10 mg/ day to be taken in the night time as a single dose will make the best choice. In addition to it's effect on PTSD anxiety it will also help you to overcome dissociation, so there are two benefits which come with this drug.

Kindly discuss these drug options with your doctor and seek prescription of the drug.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.