TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

I have been going through thinking OKMH722503

I have been going through thinking I have std or hiv. I recently asked a doctor on here about my symptoms but he seems to think it's all in my head. I need the best advice to calm this anxiety. I can't sleep right now.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Anxiety about health is a very common issue. Most people fear having something physically wrong with them. And often, health issues can make us feel out of control. And that is when anxiety can develop.

Anxiety is actually easy to resolve. Here are steps that you can take to help yourself resolve your anxiety:

One, get a second opinion from another doctor. It is too easy to hang on to the fact that your doctor is not correct and there really is something to worry about. So getting another opinion can help you see that this may be based on anxiety rather than an actual health issue.

Second, learn what you can about anxiety. The more you know, the more tools you have to help yourself when you feel anxious. Here are some resources to help you:

Three, write out how you feel. Each day, express your anxiety by writing down your fears and what effects it has on you. Research has shown that expressing your anxiety through writing can help lessen your anxiety and help you cope better.

Four, if you feel that your anxiety does not improve even with these steps, you might want to consider short term therapy to support you through your fears and help you find ways to cope.

I hope this has helped you,

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've gone through 3 doctors all 3 thought nothing was wrong but anxiety refused giving me hiv test kit so I went and got a rapid hiv test today came back negative but I'm feeling worse. Diarrhea can't eat concentrate or sleep are these all things pointing towards anxiety stress?

Yes, all the symptoms you have can be because of anxiety. If you have had several doctors check you out and none can find anything, than more than likely what you have is anxiety. In that case, try some of the suggestions I provided. They should begin to help.

Here is another resource that can help: