Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, Sorry for the recent anxiety. Thank you so

Dear Dr. Keane, Sorry for the recent anxiety. Thank you so much for being so kind and getting back to me whilst you are at a conference! I really appreciated the time you took to respond. What you have said was good for easing my mind as usually I can see a reason for my anxious feelings, but this time I could not. I do try to work out the reason why I may feel some angst and try to rectify. So, perhaps it's just a general feeling of anxiety since I could not pinpoint anything specific for this recent bout. I do understand, I think, that anxiety at the right times can be of benefit as it makes us act on something that needs to be done and helps with motivation to complete tasks or to go through with making a change. Do I have any of that understanding right? I actually use the techniques quite often, especially the self-talk when symptoms come, otherwise I know that thoughts of being useless can take over. I am however fairly sure that I am not useless. So, I watched movie as per your suggestion, one that I really need to concentrate on and taking deep breaths to also to try to ease the mind and the anxious feelings. Thank you so much again for responding when you are so busy. I hope that your conference, although 'hectic' is good and interesting for you. I hope we can catch up in chat soon. I am of course assuming you are back from your conference. I do hope that it is you who replies. Someone else tried to, when I wrote this in the post you responded to recently, but at least they apologised.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, you said you were sorry for the recent anxiety, why? you do not need to give any reason or feel sorry because you felt anxious. It's what you were feeling. I am glad you were able to distract yourself with a movie. I'll check back later today when I have time.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Customer:

oh okay, you are busy.

Customer:

I felt that I should say sorry because I appreciate and like so much that you spend time with me and chat to me and I did not want to be disappointing to you as you also give me so much help. Again, of which I really appreciate.

Customer:

I have to go and prepare dinner, so I will also try and check back later.

Customer:

I do however want to say that my saying sorry for how I was feeling was not out of regret telling you about feeling anxiety because I never have regrets telling you anything and I wanted to tell you because it helps, and you help a lot. It was because of the reason I gave above.

Customer:

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Customer:

I think I should have some time after 7 my time to be here. Something like that anyway.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

hi

Dr.Keane :

me too! ha

Customer:

:)

Customer:

I think, slowly I am getting over the anxiety. I don't know what happened. I also listened to some of that brain sync cd, which I have not needed in a long time.

Customer:

Took awhile to actually find it again.

Customer:

felt a bit bad about that.

Dr.Keane :

I want you to remember that I am never disappointed or see you as disappointing, that may be what you "think" but it's not a rational thought. Thinking like that causes anxiety you know. I am so glad you used the CD again, that really helps.

Dr.Keane :

felt bad about what? not finding the CD???

Customer:

about having to listen to it again.

Customer:

I think that thought was about the irrationality of my thoughts at the time of being a disappointment.

Dr.Keane :

Really, again you are being too hard on yourself. Ok, that last statement has to be deconstructed to understand it!! lol

Customer:

from what you said before I thought that my thinking was not completely rational and I am glad that you have clarified that.

Customer:

lol

Dr.Keane :

no but irrational thoughts can bring you down and tear away at any self esteem. When you think like that ask yourself if it's a known fact...it won't be.

Customer:

yes, okay, I think I see how it was a bit hard on myself, whereas really it was me needing to take time to totally relax and deep breath. More rationally I know there is nothing wrong in that.

Dr.Keane :

:) you got it, and then get rid of it, the thought that is....you know you needed to calm down and you did it. Good.

Customer:

I also did a bit of retail therapy for holidays.

Dr.Keane :

Good for you, that works! Holiday shopping already????

Dr.Keane :

you are good

Dr.Keane :

smart really to get it out of the way.

Customer:

not normally that good but saw a great sale in a nice shop, so bought a lovely long dress.

Dr.Keane :

good for you!!! thinking ahead and positive.

Dr.Keane :

is it hot there?

Customer:

It is very hot here.

Customer:

Is it still hot where you are?

Customer:

We have not seen rain for weeks.

Dr.Keane :

Here too, awful but suppose to get better tomorrow....

Dr.Keane :

we had a few showers but nothing great, thunderstorms are supposedly coming later, I hope so.

Customer:

I do not know how long our heatwave is supposed to last. Tomorrow looks like it will be hot again.

Customer:

Who would have thought that we would actually be wanting rain :)

Customer:

How was the conference?

Dr.Keane :

We had about five days so far and driving home yesterday the car said it 102, that's hot for here. The conference was good I enjoyed it.

Customer:

That's good that it was worthwhile.

Customer:

Gosh 102, that is very hot. That's hotter than here.

Dr.Keane :

It was and I enjoyed the change of environment for a couple of days.

Customer:

good.

Dr.Keane :

very hot! I think they said NYC's Central Park felt like 110 because of the humdity, I may be wrong but I think I heard that on the radio.

Customer:

you'll be glad not to be in NYC then.

Dr.Keane :

Thank goodness for air conditioning!

Dr.Keane :

Got that right, NYC in the summer can be brutal I can't imagine it this week. No fun walking around in this heat

Customer:

Indeed. I've been getting a few more work shifts and so glad for fans being around.

Customer:

I have next week off mostly so going to do things again.

Customer:

I went into a museum, not just because I wanted to see the exhibition but also it was so nice and cool in there.

Dr.Keane :

good idea

Customer:

yes it was as I chose the hottest day to do that and the museum was up a long hilly road.

Dr.Keane :

I hope you have cooler weather next week so you can really enjoy your time off. Keep listening to the CD too it can't hurt.

Customer:

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Dr.Keane :

I am, catching up on things I didn't get to, in fact I am going to have to leave this chat too.

Customer:

I am sure you will get it all done.

Customer:

Hope to chat some day soon again.

Dr.Keane :

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and manage to stay cool.

Customer:

It's always nice

Dr.Keane :

:) glad I was here...

Dr.Keane :

bye

Customer:

Thank you!

Customer:

bye