TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

I think I am depressed, and would like to knowOKMH0718217

Customer Question

I think I am depressed, and would like to know how serious you would rate my symptoms. I am currently under enormous stress, It is giving me physical symptoms such as tight chest, headaches (migraine like) I feel very down, I have no joy in anything, and feel like just walking out on everything in my life. I sometimes wish I would just die, but am not yet suicidal (at least I dont think so :) )

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  TherapistMarryAnn replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

If you are under a lot of stress, that can contribute to your depression. Along with having headaches, having no joy in your life, wanting to walk out and feeling like you wish to die, it sounds like you are depressed. It could be that your depression is caused by the situation you are involved in and once the situation is resolved, you might recover and feel better. But if the stress is gone and you still feel this way, then you may have a more serious type of depression.

While it is not possible to diagnose on line (face to face is needed in order to be accurate), you can explore the symptoms of depression to see how serious it may be. Here are some resources to help you:

You may also want to consider seeing a therapist for an accurate diagnosis. If your depression is situational, then therapy can help you cope until things improve. But if it is more serious, then medications can help you until therapy begins to work.

If you experience an increase in your suicidal feelings, you may want to be seen at your local ER or see your doctor, if you can be seen asap. It is important that you get support and help so you are not alone in what you feel.

I hope this has helped you,