Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

I metioned to my gf "happy 100 days." Of our 1st meeting. Her

Customer Question

I metioned to my gf "happy 100 days." Of our 1st meeting. Her reply: "It seems like a million days ago." We're both in our 50's. Is it a good or bad sign???
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

If everything else is going well in your relationship and your girlfriend seems to love you and care about you, then her comment probably was just off hand. People sometimes say things and do not consider how they come across. It could be that it does seem like a long time ago but she did not mean that being with you made it seem long. She could have meant that in general it seems like it has been a while.

The best way to know for sure is to check in with her. Ask her if she is happy with you and the relationship in general. Her response will tell you a lot. And if you do not feel her response is positive, try finding out why and what you can do to change it.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
Thank you very much for the positive rating and bonus. I appreciate it!

My best to you and your girlfriend,

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

...you are very welcome. I also do appreciate your time and expertiese...God Bless!

You are very kind! May God bless you as well.

Take care,
Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

...Thanks Kate, isn't a great feeling to be appreciated?

You seem 'perfect' for the career you've taken on...my daughter, 26 is getting Phd. Psychology at the University of Chicago...you seem just like her!

Be blessed young lady!

dc

It is great, I agree :) Good for your daughter for going for her Ph.D. No doubt she will go far!

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Kate thank you and the kind words are appreciated! She just got married to an ESPN radio guy in Chicago. Will let yiu know of gf's next reply. She is in Paris France on vaca. Sincerely, David

Thanks for letting me know. Take care!

Kate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Kate:

Thank you so much for the follow up. Wish you were in the Chicago area...I'd be a client of yours, lol!!

She replies simply that she's having a 'great time' sorta aloof...but I was the one that caused that! :) I told her too much too soon, like I thinks she swell/wonderful etc.! Lesson learned for my perhaps new love interest.

So, do women at the age of 54/55 like to still play games/hard to get? Because is sure seems that's what she's been doing with me...and I wonder how to sorta 'fight back' and not let her 'push me round!' :)

God Bless and hope you're having a terrific weekend!

Hello, it's great to hear from you!

I would be happy to help you on your new question. However, since you have a new question, the site does require you to start a new question page. But if you wish, you can request me to assist you. Just put my name in front of your new question. Thank you!

Kate