Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, Hoping not to miss you for a chat. I think

Dear Dr. Keane, Hoping not to miss you for a chat. I think I wrote about how I hoped that you knew that I worked hard on because I wasn't feeling too good about myself or too great in general. I didn't want to come across as a disappointment. It felt like such a huge blip. I am trying to get back on track because I really do want to feel better than what I have been very recently. It would be really good to chat to you. I hope you had a lovely time with your family and enjoyed the weather. I enjoyed the movie and the tennis. What a result!!! I do hope that we can chat.

Dr.Keane :

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

good...saw you were standing by

Customer:

good.

Dr.Keane :

so you had a "blip", but you are back on track yes..??

Customer:

Just about I think. Still feel a bit of angst but went out today for a walk and met a friend. So, that's an improvement on last week.

Dr.Keane :

and a good way to feel better, a walk and a friend

Customer:

I didn't feel like doing that much last week, unless it was something I absolutely had to do. Hadn't felt like that in awhile.

Customer:

we have hot weather at the moment.

Dr.Keane :

it's okay to feel that way, can't always be "on" and "doing", sometimes you just need to do nothing

Dr.Keane :

the weather can also make one feel like doing nothing, been hot here as well....

Dr.Keane :

You have to listen to your body and take the cues it gives you to rest once in awhile

Customer:

for awhile I think I did feel like I should be doing something. For the summer I have some days off. I work more casually.

Customer:

Yes I am glad that you have said it was ok to do nothing. I do think I have needed to just do nothing and have no plans for awhile.

Dr.Keane :

why? doing what? the most you have to do is enjoy the time you get off and take care you yourself.

Dr.Keane :

of yourself :)

Customer:

but I was feeling a bit guilty, not about the doing nothing part and taking each day as it came, but more that I felt more anxious than I had for awhile and the fact that I tried something new with the medication that clearly didn't work out.

Dr.Keane :

Okay, so you tried it and you found out that it didn't work as you expected, let it go, lesson learned for now. Maybe in time the GP will help you decide what, if any, changes should be made in your medication schedule.

Customer:

but then it was still worth a try. I don't regret it. Only tried it because for the last couple of months or so I was coping better with the pms stuff, so felt optimistic that I could try without not so much and decided the safest time was when I was not at work.

Dr.Keane :

Smart to try it when you weren't at work

Customer:

I had asked during my last appt how I would know if I still needed it. The answer was that I would know if I just didn't take it for a time.

Customer:

Glad you don't think I was being totally silly.

Dr.Keane :

and you modified your medication and found out you do need it. As long as she is aware of your desire to at some time be off the medication she can help

Dr.Keane :

when the time is right

Customer:

okay

Customer:

sorry, had a work call to attend to whilst you were typing.

Dr.Keane :

I did not get to see the tennis match but heard it was great

Customer:

dealt with now and read what you have said.

Dr.Keane :

watching those matches can make you feel a bit of stress....

Customer:

Yes it was really exciting!

Customer:

Certainly watching a British player can be stressful.

Customer:

Do you like tennis?

Dr.Keane :

I use to but lost interest once I stopped playing.

Customer:

Oh you used to play. Great!

Customer:

I've not played for years.

Customer:

Did you play often?

Dr.Keane :

Tried it for a couple of years, fun while playing but was a bit too busy to spend the time it took .

Dr.Keane :

played once a week or thereabout

Customer:

I only ever played as a child.

Customer:

then I got into other sports for a little while.

Dr.Keane :

what else did you play

Customer:

I'm not that sporty though.

Customer:

I used to play basketball for a bit and tried my hand at gymnastics.

Dr.Keane :

you were sporty enough! at least you tried

Customer:

:)

Customer:

I watched Cloud Atlas at the weekend.

Dr.Keane :

did you like the movie?

Customer:

I enjoyed it. It took a lot of concentration though with all those messages.

Customer:

But yes it was good.

Dr.Keane :

that's why I liked it, had to pay attention

Dr.Keane :

good movie

Customer:

Have you ever seen The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel? That's a good movie.

Dr.Keane :

Yes I saw that when it came out. I thought it was great

Customer:

I saw it a year or so ago and recently got it on DVD and thought about how you may like it.

Customer:

Yes it's a lovely movie.

Customer:

It's quite thought provoking too.

Customer:

Did you have a nice time with your family?

Dr.Keane :

yes it was a nice holiday, a bit too hot for my comfort level but we enjoyed it

Customer:

I'm glad you had a nice time.

Dr.Keane :

went through a lot of water!

Customer:

Good to stay hydrated in hot temperatures.

Dr.Keane :

went into NYC to see fireworks that is always exciting and we always get a good spot to watch, hop on the train and out of the crowds quickly..

Dr.Keane :

have you ever been to the states?

Customer:

That does sound exciting!

Customer:

I haven't. I would love to visit though.

Customer:

One of my friends has and loved it.

Dr.Keane :

You should make plans with a friend and do it. Great for young people, energetic place and lots to see and do.

Customer:

I'm not sure that any of my friends would be up for that, but you never know.

Customer:

It is on my to do list of places to visit.

Dr.Keane :

Well I wouldn't wait for friends to decide, find a singles tour and go

Dr.Keane :

I have a friend who goes on singles tours to Europe, biking, hiking and loves it. She meets a lot of people from all over the world. It took a leap of faith for her to do it the first time but now she looks forward to going every year.

Customer:

I think I need to save a bit more first, but yes, I guess these days I don't normally wait for friends.....That's useful to know.

Dr.Keane :

And she has made a lot of new friends from all over the world

Customer:

I do like meeting new people. Once in England I made friends with someone from NJ.

Dr.Keane :

If you wait for everything to be "perfect", that is, friends, $$ and time it takes away from the idea, I'm a just do it type ...

Customer:

I am going to London to visit friends in the autumn, so it can't be this year.

Dr.Keane :

London is great, so much to do there. My daughter lived there for a few years so I got to go over a lot and walk walk walk....

Customer:

I am trying very hard to be the just do it type. Took awhile to be a bit more like that, but now I do feel like I don't want to hang around for people to say yes or no and miss things.

Customer:

I remember you telling me that before. Pity we couldn't like meet.

Dr.Keane :

you are getting it right now!

Customer:

London does need comfortable shoes and takes a lot of walking but there's so many things to see and do. I will be staying with a friend. She'll be at work but I've done London on my own before and we'll see a show in an evening and catch up then.

Dr.Keane :

Don't get there anymore but I have a friend there who keeps asking us to come visit.

Customer:

Why don't you get there anymore?

Dr.Keane :

There are so many places to see that I'd like to go where I haven't been or places that I want to see more of, like Italy, Spain

Customer:

Fair enough. I don't often go to places twice unless I want to see more.

Customer:

I nearly went to Italy this year.

Dr.Keane :

If I had my way I'd do nothing but travel, unfortunately not in my budget!

Customer:

nor mine.

Dr.Keane :

I have to go, have to get ready for work. Been off for a week so need to get back on track, re-entry is tough!

Dr.Keane :

At least it's hot outside so I won't mind being indoors today lol

Customer:

Thank you for chatting. It was really nice. Hope to again soon.

Customer:

lol. I don't like it too hot either.

Dr.Keane :

You are welcome, glad you are better. Have a good week and we'll chat again soon.

Dr.Keane :

bye!

Customer:

good. Thank you and bye.