Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

hi..doctor my name is XXXXX XXXXX awsy for 6 mnths to an island

hi..doctor my name is XXXXX XXXXX awsy for 6 mnths to an island to work..i encounter such problem like fear on sickness nd negatif thoughts..i went did mefical check for 72 sickness all is okay..i am tryiny to over come my thoughts to positive but its so hard..

i manage to drive the car by my own..pls help
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear Pam,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am glad to see you back on line. Can you be more specific about the nature of your illness?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Describe your fears as well?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Did you experience any trauma during these 6 months or when you were young?

Customer:

fear of something bad will happ..thoughts i wil die tomor nd get scared of illness all kind..pls help

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I can help you much better if you give me some details.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

OK.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Did your heart beat fast?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Did you find it hard to catch your breath?

Customer:

some times feel restless..only this 6month..This fear started bcos of my friend who talk abt sickness to me and from there i be come like this..and am talking to my self but now i get better abit bcos back to my country to malaysia

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It sounds as if you were suffering from a great deal of anxiety and your friend made it worse by talking about sickness, making you think you would get sick.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

How are you now?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you are still getting this anxiety then talk to your physician about getting antianxiety medication to take just when you start to feel your anxiety beginning to start.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you still there, Pam?

Customer:

yes..am here..so i shoud see who pysyachiaty doctor

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Yes, they are always the most competent for giving you the best medications.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe it is just anxiety

Customer:

why i alwys talking to myself is tht bcos of lonely..and is tht normal but now i feel betteree

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Lots of people talk to themselves. Sometimes when you are lonely it is nice to hear a human voice, even it it is your own.

Customer:

i need help to change the thoughts..but i am brave tht i drive my self..so u think i can be treated

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Yes you can be treated.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What are your thoughts? Just repetitive thoughts about illness and death or others?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It they are repetitive thoughts they may be a certain kind of anxiety called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You keep thinking about the same worrisome thoughts and sometimes you do the same things to make yourself feel better.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You have left the chat, Pam, and so I will save it and exit from it and you can get back to me tomorrow if you would like to. If we are done I would appreciate positive feedback for helping you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thank you so much. I shall keep you in my prayers for healing.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer:

its like all negatif thought..but sometime can control

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me recommend a couple of workbooks for you. I will give you links to them in US but perhaps you can get them at Collins Books in Australia (by post).

Customer:

yes is repetive thoughts..i have tested medical report say i dnt have any of the dease like cancer or hiv i know is a falsi beleive but i dot know how to get out..why my mind think the same last was worst but now abit better

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thoughts and Feelings: Taking Control of Your Moods and Your Life by Matthew McKay PhD, XXXXX XXXXX PhD and Patrick Fanning

It could also be something similar called Hypochondriasis, but these may just be false fears due to leaving your homeland and going to a strange country.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here is a link to the same book in Australia

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thoughts and Feelings

Taking Control of Your Moods and Your Life

by Matthew McKay

The self-help classic "Thoughts and Feelings" adapts CBT techniques into a powerful program that has benefitted thousands of readers by helping them overcome the emotional and behavioral challenges of everyday life. This workbook shows readers ...

ISBN: 9781608822089

Binding: Paperback Book

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and the same book in Australia

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Overcoming Health Anxiety

Letting Go of Your Fear of Illness

by Katherine M B Owens & Martin M Antony

<p>If you experience troubling symptoms, it's only natural to worry about your health. But if your anxiety persists even after doctors tell you they can find nothing wrong, it may be hurting you more than it helps. You might research medical ...

ISBN: 9781572248380

Binding: Paperback Book

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott

Customer:

Hi Elliott, how are you..Thank you for the books but i am currently in malaysia..so its not convienence to purchase the book..

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Hi Pam. You can order and pay for any books on your computer and have them mailed to you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you cannot do this and cannot find a therapist to talk to, then ask your doctor for antianxiety medication so that you can function better.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott

Customer:

yes sure i will me a doctor to overcome the problem..is tht will help for mr to think better nd my anxienty will reduce

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Yes, Pam. Having a great deal of anxiety as you seem to have, can prevent a person from focusing on what they are doing. Their mind always jumps back to what they are worrying about. They get distracted. They may feel the anxiety deep inside their stomach and may lose their appetite or have worry sleeping.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dealing with your anxiety will make you feel normal again. There may be stressful events or people in your life, or stressful memories that are doing this. That is where therapists can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you great success in getting the face-to-face help you need.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott'

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you so much and once i see the doctor will let u know the update..

Thank you so much. May God protect you.

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.