Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane,. I just would like to discuss my thoughts.

Dear Dr. Keane,. I just would like to discuss my thoughts. I know you are not a medical doctor and as I have said before that is fine. Each time I think about what to do about my medication it slightly distresses me. I only think about it when I am taking it and when it is near the time of nearly running out. It does seem to help with the pms to dull symptoms a bit but this month because I have time off from work as it is holiday time I am trying a different routine. I am trying not to take them as often. So, instead of a constant stream of 10 days on, I tried not to take any at all for the first couple of days of pms symptoms, trying to control it all with relaxation techneques. I’ll admit it wasn’t all easy as I could feel the angst build but I have known it to be worse. Right before menses actually started I knew I had to take a pill, which was annoying because it was a day I didn’t really want to, but could see it was the best if I were to have a reasonable day. Today I couldn’t decide to take one or not, felt really anxious, but at a more decent time in the morning I felt a lot calmer, so decided to try agan and not to. I wanted to see how I’d feel if I cut them to one every other day, so taking them over 5 days or so instead of 10. I don’t know, perhaps next month I am going to need to go back for more. I had asked a GP the last time I was there how I would know when to come off them. She said if I wanted at any point, just come off them and see how I felt. I also know that what I am doing is safe. I hadn’t felt brave enough to before now to do any of this, I think part of me wanted to see if I could manage if I worked really hard to see if it were possible. I am not sure. I hope we can talk about this, obviously not from a medical doctors point of view but from a supportive point of view, like we have before. It helps a great deal. I hope that you are having a good week and that you are well and I wish you a happy fourth of July if we don't manage to catch each other before then. Hope to chat soon..

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I was not able to be here when you were today. You would be best advised to speak to your GP about the medication issue. I am not qualified as you know and my opinion is all I can offer. I would think that if it's working, then let it do the job for you and save you angst. Enjoy your holiday time, I'll try to catch you during your daytime hours one day this week .

Customer:

Hi, not to worry about not being here when I was. I do understand that happens sometimes. I am glad that you still reply though. Yes I do know that you are not qualified for medication issues. It's just that sometimes it is nice to be able to talk about it with you before the GP. I will try to be here when I can too. Thank you so much for your continued support and kindness.

Customer:

Hopefully we will catch each other soon to chat.

Customer:

So, I took some medication today, since I didn't yesterday. I think I was just interested to see if I could manage without. I think too that I at times get frustrated at myself and perhaps I thought, although not completely knowingly, that I wouldn't need medication after so long. I suppose taking it today sort of shown that I do still need it. Things have been a bit different compared to the other day. Hope to talk soon,when you have time.

Customer:

I would also like to add, although, maybe you know, that I do try to do my best to be less anxious and when I have pms I try and work hard to try so as to not be as bad as what I used to be each month too. It's just harder that time but I suppose that's where the medication comes in. Some months I actually feel lots better, although not completely, and I think that's also why I thought that I would try and decrease the medication. I also didn't want to feel like I was being useless or lazy because I end up each month depending on it and getting more and more used to taking it, but then I feel a bit more useless when I don't take it. anyway, I am sure we can talk about this more and better than I've written here when you get a chance to be on line again. I hope you are having a good week.

Customer:

I hope you actually get my other post. It's written better with what I wanted to say.

Customer:

I have to be out a bit later today. I have lots of time on Monday and Tuesday at the moment though. Hope to hear from you soon all the same, if we do unfortunately miss each other on line today.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

just saw you online.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry to have missed you again, it's a holiday weekend here and I've been taking advantage of the good weather and family being around so haven't been online much.

Customer:

sorry, I should have thought.

Customer:

glad you are getting good weather and having a nice time with your family.

Dr.Keane :

I know you try very hard to control your anxiety and we can chat about that next week since I am getting ready to go out right now. I'll also have more time early next week.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, didn't see you here

Customer:

okay. I am watching the tennis just now and also going to enjoy good weather later

Dr.Keane :

are you feeling better today?

Customer:

better than what I was, certainly compared to yesterday.

Customer:

I don't want to keep you from your family and holiday weekend. Oh and later I may watch Cloud Atlas at last.

Dr.Keane :

good, hope you enjoy the tennis...we'll chat early next week.....enjoy the movie too!!!