JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.

My little bro started to act strange yesterday!

Customer Question

Hi, my little bro started to act strange yesterday. A few days back, he told that he couldn't sleep from the past 2-3 days. Then suddenly, the following day he was crying a lot without any reason. His eyes were also red. But yesterday, he was shouting, walking here and there inside the house. He even broke some of the household items. And the worst thing was that he was trying to beat whoever goes near him and he wasn't scared of anyone. He even hit our mom and dad. He seems to forget whom he is speaking to. He was behaving very strange. But, he used to be a sincere person. This was the first time he was behaving in such manner. However, there was a case that happened 3 yrs back. He tried to leave our house without telling to anyone or asking for any kind of permission. He told he will go to a mountain and worship God(This seems to be Superstitious issue also coz people in my locality has Superstitious beliefs ). That time also he was a bit angry on our mom and dad. I doubt if this is due to Depression? One thing is that he was failed in the recent higher secondary examination. About him: He is a 22yrs old man and no medication was done before. I would like to know what treatments can be taken up at this stage.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.

JaRee1993 :

Hello, My name is Ja`Ree and I am a mental health counselor

JaRee1993 :

Has your brother ever been evaluated by a mental health counselor or psychiatrist for his symptoms?

Customer:

Not yet consulted with anyone.

JaRee1993 :

It sounds as though your brother is exhibiting symptoms of Bi-Polar, however, he would need to be properly evaluated to determine exactly what is going on for him. Do you think he would go to see a counselor or a psychiatrist if a family member goes with him. How is he doing right now?

Customer:

Now he seems to be back to normal now. The big problem is that he is angry to everyone who goes near to him. but when we ask his frens to talk to him he seems to be ok with them.

JaRee1993 :

How often do these outbursts take place? Does he ever have days when he is in a really good mood and does not sleep much during those days?

Customer:

This is the second time, as I've mentioned earlier, 3 yrs back he was acting strange like this. But not as tough like this time. Yes he use to be in good moods and sleeps well too. Parents sometimes scold him to give attention to his studies that's why he sometimes get upset or argue with parents.

Customer:

we observe that he used to watch god's videos in his mobile after he informed us he couldn't sleep.

JaRee1993 :

I would strongly recommend his going to a local mental health professional to have an assessment to help determine whether counseling would benefit him to help him develop coping and anger management skills or if he might need to be evaluated by a psychiatrist for possible med somatic treatment. Do you think he would consider doing this? If you will give me the city state and zip code you are in I will find a couple of agencies for you to call about getting him some help if he is willing to go.

Customer:

Thank you for your suggestion. I shall update you about tomorrow morning. It's midnight here in India, Manipur, Imphal-795004.

Customer:

Our family is also planing to see a psychiatrist like you said.

JaRee1993 :

I will find a couple of places and post them on here for you and you can let me know in the morning if there is any other way I can assist you. Is that good for you?

Customer:

If he is back to normal it won't be a problem taking him to a psychiatrist. Do you really think he is really in mental illness? :(

Customer:

Sure, I ll keep up posted for any updates. May I know your timings of being online?

Customer:

--- pin code: 795001 is also correct instead of 795004

JaRee1993 :

I would not know for sure if he has a disorder or not without a complete assessment. However, he is exhibiting symptoms like angry outbursts and his god videos when he cannot sleep. It is better to have the assessment and find out for sure, because I am sure he does not like feeling the way he feels when this happens.

JaRee1993 :

Does this make sense?

JaRee1993 :

I will be online tomorrow morning from 5:00 AM til 6:00 AM EST then tomorrow evening from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST

Customer:

If by any chance if it's the starting stage of mental sickness. will there any chance of treatment that can help him get rid of this for his lifetime?

JaRee1993 :

Yes, there are some very good treatment methods both with counseling and with med somatic treatment that have great success in treating mental health disorders. The best thing you can do for him right now is to get the evaluation done to see what is the best treatment for him.

Customer:

Thanks you for your help. Hope to see you morrow with more updates.

JaRee1993 :

you are welcome. I will post the agencies and phone numbers on here that I find for you.

Customer:

yes please.

JaRee1993 :

Full Size Image

NGO Contact Details

Name:Centre for Mental Hygiene
Phone1:222330 / 222331
JaRee1993 :

LM 43
Mr. Akshaya Kumar Singh M
Keishamthog Elangbam Leikai
Imphal
Manipur-795001
India
Ph: 0385-2222790
rimsmanipur@yahoo.com

JaRee1993 :

I hope these help you find the assistance you need for your brother.

JaRee1993 :

If my answers have been helpful to you please complete rating survey so that I can receive my pay and also know how to best serve our customers. I will also look for you online tomorrow to follow up with you on how things are going with your brother. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Doc, Just wanted to update you that my bro has been hospitalized since 3 days, he is not yet recovered. I'm worried if he is gona be fine. :(

Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.
I am so glad that he is in the hospital. Did they say how long he will be in the hospital? It will take a long time for him to get well. It will be a long journey, however, with the right help and support he can one day live a healthy productive life. Hopefully he will stay in treatment. He will need the encouragement and support of his family and friends.