Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years

My 16 year old nephew is addicted to marijuana & opiates. He

My 16 year old nephew is addicted to marijuana & opiates. He has diagnosed depression & anxiety. He has wrecked 2 cars & has stolen things to feed his habit. I am need of a top notch facility located in the Austin or Dallas , Texas area that can help him.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am very sorry to hear about your nephew, but you are very fortunate to be in Texas as one of the finest inpatient mental health facilities is located there, in Houston. It is the Menninger Clinic. Here is the link to their treatment program for adolescents: As you will see they treat both the addictions and the underlying mental health disorders, i.e., depression and anxiety. I know you requested someplace near Dallas or Austin, but if you want the best, XXXXX XXXXX Menninger in Houston. If you cannot take him to Houston, then I would ask Menninger for a recommendation for a place near one of the other two cities. But Menninger is the best. I hope this information is helpful. I wish you and your nephew all the best, Eleanor