Heidi LPC
Heidi LPC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Licensed Professional Counselor

I know that exercise if good for bipolar 1 disorder. I just

I know that exercise if good for bipolar 1 disorder. I just want to make sure though if you are supposed to exercise or not if feeling manic.

Heidi LPC :

Hi there! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed psychotherapist, and I think I found the answer for your question! All of the recent research that I looked into points to the idea that mania can be calmed by the physical exhaustion attributed to exercise, as long as it is accompanied by your normal course of medication and treatment. Exercise releases endorphins which have a calming effect on the body, and the excess energy which gets provoked in mania can be channeled and soothed through an intense work-out of your choosing. Just be sure to cool down properly and slowly after, and keep yourself hydrated and get plenty of rest after!! :-)

Heidi LPC :

I wish you all the very best and I thank you for using the site!! :-) Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you!! :-)