Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane, Jewelry, work and movie

Dear Dr. Keane, About the jewellery project, showing some pieces today and then at the end of the week, so should be able to tell you about it (assuming you would like to know) either on Fri night, the weekend or next week. Secondly, about the film… It's called Another Year. It's dubbed as a comedy/drama, more drama than comedy in my opinion. It's about a middle aged couple who are very much together and are the calm in the film as all sorts of things happen around them. As the plot moves through the four seasons in the lives of a happily married couple it takes a look at their relationships with their family and friends. Mostly their friends have some issues as they appear at the couple’s house for social occasions. It's an observant and intelligent and well-written film by Mike Leigh. I noticed it on our tv, late, so had it recorded. It’s apparently a 2010 film. If you happen to see it, try and not think about work as a central character happens to be a Counsellor. Thirdly, not having much luck at all yet in the new job hunt. Thinking of just paying someone to give my CV the once over. Two jobs I really wanted and didn’t get a look in, even though I am qualified, although the nature of them, I suspect the employers actually know who they want to employ and are just doing the legal requirement of advertising and going through that rigmarole, either that or I really am just no good. Can’t help but feel really down on myself today, whilst trying to find some sort of positive…. I am so busy this week and unfortunately mostly away from my computer , so not sure whether we will be actually online at the same time or not to chat. If not, I look forward to your response and then we can chat next week about whatever. I’ll let you know before then how the jewellery thing goes. I hope that you are having a good week and that you are well. I am healing well now from my dental treatment. Hope to chat sometime in the not too distant future, just so busy this week but really wanted to post to you.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, that's great you showed your jewelry today, looking forward to hearing how that's a start.

Dr.Keane :

Might not be a bad idea to have someone who can help you with getting your CV honed, it may help. I also think you are spot on when you say that most of the jobs, or at least many of them have to be advertised and a lot of filled from within, advertising is more of a formality. Don't get down on yourself, it will happen when it's suppose to happen. There will be plenty more job opportunities you can apply for, all in due time. Hope to catch you on line before the weekend, or next week.

Hi, thank you so much for responding. I may be able to be on line Friday night, if not then will definitely try and be on line more next week to be able to chat. Have a good weekend if we don't manage to chat before then.