TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

i have panic disorder with agoraphobia is it normal to have

i have panic disorder with agoraphobia is it normal to have frequent but short attacks also is it normal to block out your environment ie sounds someone talking

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Yes it is normal to have short, frequent panic attacks. It is also normal to feel as if you are blocking out sounds and other people talking.

What you may be experiencing is depersonalization or derealization. That is a common symptom of panic, anxiety and agoraphobia. Anxiety has many different symptoms that range from odd sensations to difficulty with thinking process. Although you feel this way, it will not hurt you.

Most symptoms will diminish as you reduce your anxiety and eventually they will all either go away or you will not notice them as much.

I hope this has helped you,

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!