Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I am constanly talking myself. I am easy going person 99%

Customer Question

I am constanly talking myself. I am easy going person 99% of time but, you get me mad I worry I am going to hurt someone some day
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I see that you have just gone off line. I am still going to ask you some questions and hope to get a response when you return.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you ever hurt yourself (cutting, burning, punching the wall)?

Customer:

ok

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have an eating disorder?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Have you ever hurt someone for real?

Customer:

they never went to the dr.

Customer:

I have slape people before

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Why?

Customer:

I have slaped my parents

Customer:

I was spanked by parents

Customer:

I had a high temper

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Were you abandoned or neglected?

Customer:

no I was taking good care of me

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Why did they spank you and how hard did they spank you?

Customer:

becuase I wanted my way. They didn't spank very hard but they wanted to give me love to teach me a lessoon was right behavior

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What was "your way" that the objected to?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

they objected to?

Customer:

I usully just didn't following rules Iike ask me to do something I would inore them.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

How were you at school in academics? In behavior?

Customer:

I was behind a least 2 or 3 more grade levels behind in school. I was a well behaved kid

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Were you behind socially?

Customer:

yes

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Were you ever bullied?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you find it hard to concentrate or are you easily distracted?

Customer:

sometiems yes sometimes no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you ever engage i repeated movements (rocking, hand flapping)?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are you disorganized?

Customer:

not really I haft work hard on orgazation

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Fidgety?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have any illnesses?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you get angry with anyone else other than your parents?

Customer:

no but, worry I will break someday when I get mad.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

but just your parents?

Customer:

I have got mad when I was in school

Customer:

I hit a few people

Customer:

I pulled their hair out

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Why?

Customer:

becuase they stole my lunch

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

So they were bullying you.

Customer:

they didnt want me to sit with them becuase they were the cool prepping girls

Customer:

yes if that what you call it

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is bullying and it is wrong.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You defended yourself.

Customer:

I told my mom she talk to the principal. They got called the principal office told if they did it again they were getting licks

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Good !

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Since you were behind in school were you in special classes?

Customer:

yes I was in resourse classes. I was in one self contained class in the 8th grade took instead of a borning science class

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Was that like a special ed class?

Customer:

self contained is a special education class resourse classes had boardline problems some moderate handicaps like aspergers syndrome blind adhd

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have ADHD?

Customer:

no

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Asperger's?

Customer:

no

Customer:

just learning disabled

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I see.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It must be very frustrating for you because you are such a caring girl and a good one, it seems.

Customer:

I try but brain sometiems worries I turn into a crazy person

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you live at home?

Customer:

yes

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have friends?

Customer:

no

Customer:

just family

Customer:

i have alot of counsins but they live here

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

That must get lonely and frustrating for you. That is what makes you so angry - being by yourself in many ways even if you have family around.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

That is why you get angry. Your are frustrated and probably feel a bit abandoned by the world.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Are there not places where you can go during the day with some of your peers, people who are good and friendly and similar to you? Most little towns and bigger ones too have adult centers where likeminded people can hang around, talk, interact, play games, or whatever.

Customer:

chruchs

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are definitely NOT crazy, but just frustrated and bored.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Church is a great place but that is only once a week. Do you ever talk to your minister?

Customer:

not alot he gives me hug when he sees me

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You could ask him about any kinds of programs or something to get you out of the house. That is what you need more than anything.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I stay home alot

Customer:

I am a home body

Customer:

I love my parents we get along great just it's just 1% I worry I might got to jail

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

But getting out would be good for you. It would break up your day and give you a chance for something different.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

They will never send you to jail. Ask them. Your are safe at home.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you get mad you can go into your room and close the door and then punch your pillow as hard as you want.

Customer:

but, I am usually talking to my dad

Customer:

when i get mad i have a hard time commicating

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Well then don't worry about things. You are not crazy, you have a good family, and occasionally get angry.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you do, like I said, go punch the pillow

Customer:

ok

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Don't worry. Nobody will get you into trouble for your anger. You are frustrated by communications problems and that is a normal response. It is YOUR way of communicating frustration and it is alright.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It has been a pleasure chatting with you. I shall keep you in my prayers.

Customer:

Thanks

Customer:

Thank you for the help

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are so very welcome, young lady.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.