Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My husband has seemed to have lost his mind he keeps accusing

My husband has seemed to have lost his mind he keeps accusing me of having sex with many men and he keeps going back in time. He even says his daughter is not his. I had them take the swab in cheek test and it came back he was the father he then said I took a swab out and replaced it with a different one God told him that in a dream, he keeps threatening to hurt me and he even accuses my 21 year old nephew and I having sex I an 62 years old we have been married 32 years and I have been very faithful I have never cheated. I love him and now tomorrow he will make me sign divorce papers. He has not left me alone since November, I can go no where, he won't let me use the phone or text, and he keeps accusing me of doing stuff and he is right there. He sleeps with a loaded gun and blocks the back door at al times. What is happening these are onlt a few things going on but he might catch me

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am afraid that your husband has a very serious mental disorder. At the very least he has Paranoid Personality Disorder, but more likely it is Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

His delusions are very strong and he is beginning to become a risk to your life and others because he is sleeping with a loaded gun and he may very well kill you or someone else, not for a rational reason, but because he is psychotic. He is very dangerous and needs to be treated and stabilized.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Unfortunately someone with paranoia will not trust anyone to treat them and will not believe an expert or take medication (which may be poisoned, in their minds).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He could be stabilized with antipsychotics, but the only way you can get him help is to convince a judge to commit him for observation and possible treatment (which may only be from 24 to 72 hours at first, but he may be committed for longer after a report is filed).

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This is a painful situation for you because he is the man that you love. However that will not protect you from his psychotic false thoughts. If he thinks that your 21 year old nephew is an evil culprit, then that boy is at risk.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If someone comes to visit it might be misconstrued by a mind that is no longer sane and cannot work logically.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

IF he can start a course of treatment, his paranoid delusions can be controlled, in many instances, although if this is what is wrong with him he will have to stay on medication.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If he is treated and the delusions stop, then he has a chance at a very normal life.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If not, then the possibility of a tragic event is a very large one.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I suggest that you talk with your family doctor and with your attorney as the next step to take. This is a volatile situation and you must take it very seriously.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am sorry to give you such a painful response, but it is my duty to tell you the truth and warn you of the possible dangers, which you probably are already aware of to an extent.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep him, and you and your family in my prayers.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please get the help I suggested and stay safe.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Thank you so much. May God bless and protect your family.

Elliott