Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, About the list, another positive would be perhaps

Dear Dr. Keane, About the list, another positive would be perhaps an opportunity to expand my skill set and also to use my transferable skills for a job, should I get an offer somewhere at some point.
About the jewellery thing. I have no experience in how to conduct myself in that sort of situation. I get the feeling it may be sort of a bit informal, the chat as it was so spontaneous. I still can't quite believe I said such things as I said. I am thinking about presenting my pieces neatly and concisely. Just a few and she can pick out what she likes, if anything. Talk costs, such as when I make the pieces I think I'll try to work out how much it actually cost me, see how much she retails for, and take it from there and hopefully agree on a cut. I am well aware that she may not take any. If she doesn't then I can still have fun making good jewellery all the same for the charity. The thing about the jewellery is that I sort of feel like I have cold feet and been doing that whole second thoughts thing. I mean I know that it is a nice opportunity and if it works out, it works out and if it doesn't then, sure I'd feel disappointed for a bit but but keep telling myself no big deal as it was all so spontaneous anyway and so I wouldn't have lost anything. What do you think about this? I know I would look silly if I don't produce something. Think I need some encouragement or something. Oh and survived the dentist treatment. Decided to think of nice things such as what was on tv and the prospect of chatting to you. All helped get me through it, even though I was really nervous when I was there.
There is a movie that I think you might like. I am about half-way through it. I'll let you know about it when I finish watching it. I really look forward to hearing back from you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, think we are both online

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

yes we are both online

Customer:

I can chat for a bit

Dr.Keane :

So you have been busy "thinking" about your list

Dr.Keane :

I can chat for a short time, someone is late getting here

Customer:

ok

Customer:

About the list, another positive would be perhaps an opportunity to expand my skill set and also to use my transferable skills for a job, should I get an offer somewhere at some point.
There is a movie that I think you might like. I am about half-way through it. I'll let you know about it when I finish watching it.

Customer:

I am also sorry that it took so long in getting connected with you and everything.

Customer:

but I am glad that it has happened.

Dr.Keane :

I like the jewelry idea, you have nothing to lose, figure out how much it will cost you to make each piece and then figure out how much you'd like for each piece and sell it, you may have to negotiate a bit but it could be fun, never know!

Dr.Keane :

Just don't sell yourself short, in other words, make sure your "cut" is worth your time and effort.

Customer:

That's sort of what I was thinking. Glad you agree, means what I was thinking makes sense.

Customer:

That's good advice. I mean, she may not want or like any of the pieces, it all was just so spontaneous from one comment this woman made.

Dr.Keane :

If she liked them she'll at least take a couple to see how they sell, don't underestimate them

Customer:

thank you.

Dr.Keane :

think of it as a hobby, that will take off some of the stress and go from there

Customer:

Oh and I survived the dentist appointment.

Customer:

okay, that makes sense.

Dr.Keane :

good, not a big fan myself as you know. Use to be awful before all the latest technology came into use

Dr.Keane :

you spoke about expanding skills, what kind of skills ???

Customer:

Oh I don't know, just whatever skills I have.

Customer:

hmm, maybe that point needs more thought.

Customer:

Sometimes when doing something new, or something that one can already do, there is more to be learnt or experienced, some from trial and error and others through, well, just new experiences.

Dr.Keane :

if may need more thought if you are going to take a class or learn something that will add to your skill set

Dr.Keane :

there is always something to learn, no matter what you do.

Customer:

I hope that makes some sense. I am on painkillers from getting some wisdom teeth out.

Dr.Keane :

and as technology progresses so rapidly it's good to keep up to date in that area

Dr.Keane :

you are making sense.....

Customer:

good.

Dr.Keane :

Wisdom teeth, a bit of stress there!

Customer:

Yes I try where possible to keep up to date in some technology. It is very rapid.

Customer:

Yes, I was pretty stressed.

Dr.Keane :

sounds worse that it is as long as you follow instructions for aftercare

Dr.Keane :

you should be fine

Customer:

I was told since I had problems with one, then probably best not to have them. I am recovering.

Dr.Keane :

what movie are you watching that you mentioned

Customer:

I'm doing okay, better today than yesterday when it was first done.

Dr.Keane :

everyday it will be better!!!

Customer:

It is a movie I think by Mike Leigh. The name just escaped me. That's so annoying.

Dr.Keane :

happens to everyone, especially those on painkillers

Customer:

It's interesting...I will tell you the next time we chat as it is something i recorded.

Dr.Keane :

:)

Customer:

thank you for being so understanding.

Dr.Keane :

okay, I have to run, glad I was able to catch up with you....busy week. Stay healthy!!

Customer:

Thank you so much. Will chat again some time.

Customer:

:)

Customer:

Take care yourself too!!

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.