Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hello My family are always telling me I talk loud even when

Hello
My family are always telling me I talk loud even when I whisper. I don't think I am . But they always are saying it lately . Especially the past 6 months. My nose often feels blocked. Or do I need to get my ears checked .

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If your family is always telling you that you are talking too loudly, then this is a very good indication that you actually are indeed talking too loud.

Customer: Yes I believe there is a problem.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The fact that your nose is often blocked is an indication that you may have a sinus infection due to bacteria or even due to allergy.

Customer: Would this cause me to talk out loud and what would be the next step for me?
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When you have such an infection or blockage, you can also have a hearing problem, or pain behind the eyed, even sore teeth.

Customer: No pain
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The next step is to simply go to your family physician and ask him or her to examine you for sinus or ear infection.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You can probably clear this up with a course of antibiotics.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Hopefully there has been no damage to your ears. If there was you would probably have pain as well.

Customer: ok then what. Would I better to o o an eye
Customer: To a nose or ear specialist referral.
Customer: I also am less tolerant to loud tv noise . Car ratio music etc. it irritates me and when I talk over it . I'm told I'm too loud
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your GP will look into your nose and ears and will probably be able to see what is going on and if it is simple will give you either an antibiotic or a decongestant (or both). If it is more complicated he will refer you to a specialist.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You do not realise how loud you are. Since you have trouble hearing yourself (much of the sound travels through your sinus to your ears) you compensate by speaking louder so that it sounds "normal" to you, but in actuality you are speaking louder.

Customer: Yes I believe so . Well thank you my next step is off to the GPS first.
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Yes. Exactly. I believe that you will be successful very quickly.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I wish you well and shall keep you in my prayers.

Customer: Thank you best of luck to you . Bye
Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are so very welcome. Have a lovely day.

Thak you so much. May God bless and heal you.

Elliott