Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Are you available to chat?

Customer Question

Are you available to chat?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I would like to help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I know that it is getting to be late, but if I can be of service now please reply.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It seems that you are offline now and unable to respond. The hour is getting late (almost midnight for me) and so I shall save this chat and exit, so that we may resume again tomorrow.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please tell me your issues and I shall pick up the chat as soon as you do if I am available at the moment, or if not then as soon as I am able. I am often online working and I look forward to having a dialogue with you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

In any case, I shall work with you until I can provide you with a suitable answer to your needs, to your satisfaction.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I look forward to talking with you soon.

Customer:

Hi

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Hello.

Customer:

We own our business and I asked our manager to send 3 men from our company to help me move furniture in to our small condo at the island. Long story short ..they worked all day in a litlle rain and then hot sun from 11 to 5. They stopped 30 minutes and I had a deadline so I moved them quickly in and out of ac to tuck etc. All 3 were in their 50's and one in particular is short and obese. He has had heart trouble and he was very tired and all were dripping in sweat. So.. after tipping them and giving them most of my old furniture.. I am feeling really worried about the heavy set one becoming sick and maybe really sick from this move. I also find out that he is gettig up at 3 tomorrow and driving all day to deliver a car. I don't want to be responsible for anything happening to him, so now I feel like I have to be worried until time passes. That's just the way my life is.. one worry after another. I feel like maybe I was on a roll to finish this move and pushed them

Customer:

I feel like his well being is now in my hands and had forgotten about his health. I wish the manger would stop sending him to do heavy work.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I admire your caring attitude and I would feel the same way, actually . I do not know what usual jobs the man has to do for your company, and many of them may be heavy tasks.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He may not be in the best of health, but so many of our workers are out of shape and obese. He has, perhaps some choice in his state of health, and of the job he has chosen to do. He is fortunate enough to have a boss who sees his condition and cares about him.

Customer:

They work in the service of a car repairs and stay very hot all day. This one likes to deliver cars out of town and leaves early and comes back in the same day. He is a hard worker

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

And when he delivers cars he sits in the AC I imagine and so a least does not have this stress on him.

Customer:

I feel like all is great and then later I seem to recall the events of the day and worry about what I say and do later. Most every day

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If they did not have you for a boss they would have someone who didn't realize or if they did, would not care about them.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

In which way does he worry? What does he say?

Customer:

He is so sweet and never complains. He does everyting and just wants to please me. He is very nice and I was too, but I was overwhelmed and felt stressed so I think I pushed them too hard to get it all done today. They had to drive 2 hours back to where they live. I went over the day in my mind and feel like it was so hot then wet for them.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He cares very much about you and will gladly do that work for you. He reminds me so much of a wonderful man that worked for my father many years ago.

Customer:

I remembered about him being unhealthy and at the moment it didn't register, but now I am sick with worry that I hope he doesn't become ill. Am I overreacting?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Some people love to please and he might even work himself into a state for you. He is one of those people who respond with love and devotion to those who are nice to him, and that means YOU.

Customer:

He has a good family and I feel that maybe he went home so tired and said how hard he had to work and what if he has a heart attack or pneumonia and then it's my fault

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Fortunately you are aware of possible health issues so you will be able to keep an eye on him, and tell your manager to do the same.

Customer:

I will and I can't really predic the future all I can do is pray for him. Thanks

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If he has a heart attack it means that he has a faulty heart, and if he has pneumonia if means that he has a compromised immune system.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You are a blessing to him, and he knows it. He is also a blessing to you, and you know it.

Customer:

I hope if any of that happens that it is in the future and not anytime soon.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Continue to treat him well, and keep him in your prayers. I shall also keep the both of you in my prayers.

Customer:

Thank you. I will call him tomorrow to see how he is.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.