TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Hell is anyone there? I am 38 males and I cant stop pulling

Hell is anyone there?
I am 38 males and I cant stop pulling out my used to be my eyelashes and now it mostly my eyebrows and side burns. I also have the tendacy to bite or chew the hair afterwards. Its really embarrasing. How can i get help?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

It sounds like you may have trichotillomania which is a disorder where people pull their own hair out. It is usually related to OCD- Obsessive Compulsive disorder. Not pulling out the hair can cause anxiety intense enough to make the person feel overwhelmed. Pulling out the hair appears to calm the person, though not for long before the urges start again.

Trichotillomania Is treated with anti depressants and therapy. To find a therapist, you can ask your doctor for a referral. Or you can search on line at

Seeing a psychiatrist for medications is also recommended. Although your doctor can prescribe anti depressants, a psychiatrist is going to be able to assess your situation and alter your medication as needed based on your diagnosis and the recommendation of your therapist.

I hope this has helped you,

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!
This link may help as well:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt follow up. I will be scheduling an appointment with a psychiatrist. Have a great day.

You're welcome! Take care