JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.

I have lost my will to do mostly everything. The only place

I have lost my will to do mostly everything. The only place I can be productive is at work ... Because I have to. But at home, I have lost all interest and will to complete tasks at hand. I am always sad. I have reached out to my physician and she has treated me for depression, but the treatment is not working. How can I make this horrible feeling go away?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.

JaRee1993 :

Good morning, My name is Ja`Ree, I am a mental health counselor and I would like to assist you with your question if you would like to chat.

JaRee1993 :

I see that you are off line now.When you read my message, if you would like to talk with me about your question just reply to my message and I will respond as soon as I see your reply. I will be online until 10:30 AM, then I will be back online around 6:00 PM. I look forward to being able to assist you. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

Customer: i am back on line
Customer: One thing I neglected to tell you is that I spiraled into this after my separation. I am now officially divorced. After 5 years I thought I would stop feeling this way, but I have not been able to do away with how I feel. I am angry with myself and angry with God. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I'm tired. I can't focus and am f
Customer: meant to say I can't focus and have difficulty remembering things. This is not good in reference to my job. I am a mother of two teenagers and cannot continue feeling this way. Even though I'm surrounded by family, I feel lonely. I have gained so much weight and feel disgusted with myself.
JaRee1993 :

Hello

JaRee1993 :

May I ask if you have ever seen a counselor?

JaRee1993 :

Would you mind telling me if your divorce was your choice and why you divorced?

JaRee1993 :

I am not sure you are receiving my reply as I see that you are online, however, I do not see any reply from you. I would really like to help you find some answers to your situation for I know it is very painful and frustration. I can hear the hopelessness in your message and I would like to be able to help you find the way to overcome your depression and move on with your life the way you want to. I will be on for another half hour, then will be back on at 6:00 PM EST if you would like to talk with me. Ja`Ree

Customer: He asked me for a divorce 5 years ago on Mother's Day. The divorce was not my choice, it was his. We were together for 13 years. During the last two years he became very distant, he stopped sleeping on the same bed and slept on the couch, he would push me away when I tried hugging him or kissing him, not to mention anything else. He always looked unhappy and mad. On many occsassions he critized the way I looked, told me I was unattractive, and began looking at women in my presence without any respect towards me whatsoever. I never cheated on him and loved him more than I have loved anyone in my life. I plush and pray everyday that I could erase him from my mind am
Customer: Erase him from my mind, my heart, and soul. He broke my heart and my life. I have had to struggle on my own with my daughters for over 5 years. It doesn't get easier, especially with my oldest now going to college. I am helping my aging parents, have a stressful job, and am trying my damnest to raise these girls the Betsy
Customer: The best way I can. Owe more than I make and can't take it any longer. It pains me that God has allowed him to have any easy life, surrounded by women, and wealth ... Amidst the fact that he offers my daughters very little help if any. All I want is to move forward. I m strong I think. But I don't know how to move forward. I will sit on the couch allowing hours to pass me by without moving or doing one damn thing. I literaly watching my life pass me by. I have no will, I have no hope, I have no motivation ... NONE!! I know that if I continue this way, I am on a path to self destruction, a head-on collision with my life. Please help me.
JaRee1993 :

I am truly sorry that you are in such pain and I know that you need someone who can meet with you on a regular basis to help you get to the place you want and deserve to be. I do hope you know that the divorce was not your fault and that you deserve to find true peace and happiness in the future, however, we need to be able to let go of the hurt and anger of the past to be able to move into the future and more times than not we cannot do that by ourselves. Have you ever considered finding a mental health counselor and a psychiatrist to help you with this. The psychiatrist would help you get on the right medication and monitor how the medication is working to see if you need more of what they prescribe or a different medication. It is sometimes frustrating and sometimes a long process to find the right dosage and the right medication, but, believe me it is worth it. The mental health counselor will give you the support, encouragement, positive feedback that you need to move on while assisting you with developing the skills you need to do that. Does this sound like something you would consider looking into? Please do not think that you will never be happy again, because with working with the right professionals you will be able to live the kind of life you want and deserve to live. I will be waiting for your reply. Ja`Ree

Customer: Yes I have been considering this for quite some time but never get around to do it, mainly because of my work schedule and also because I work for various hospitals and am concerned about privacy.
JaRee1993 :

Please believe me that confidentially is one of the top priorities in the mental health field. I truly believe that seeing someone on a regular basis who can give you encouragement, support and positive feedback as you work through all the pain you are in should be your number one priority. You are important and you need to make the time to get the support and help you need so that you can get started building your new life. Do this for you because you are worth it. If you are uncomfortable going to someone in your city, maybe you can find someone a few miles away from where you live. Will you follow through this for you? Is there anything else I can help you with? May I check in with you in a couple of weeks to see how you are doing?

Customer: I will try calling someone tomorrow.
Customer: I will try calling someone tomorrow. Sure you can check back.
Customer: Thank you for your time.
JaRee1993 :

You are very welcome. I will check back with you in a week or so to see how you are doing. Please complete rating survey so that I can be paid and also know how to best serve our customers. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, I wanted to follow up and see how you are doing and if you were able to find a counselor to assist you with working through the pain and depression you are going through right now. I would like to hear back from you. I hope you are feeling better and will begin to really take care of you, because you deserve it. Ja`Ree