JaRee1993
JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience:  Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a Girlfriend of 4 years

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a Girlfriend of 4 years whom i love with all my heart. But i have a problem that is destroying my relationship with her, I always seem to find myself going to online dating sites. Usually I just make a free profile and look at the girls, but this last time I actually paid money and crossed the line. I Know my Girlfriend is the one whom i want to marry and start a family with but this problem of mine is gonna destroy it before i can even start the next step. She has Found out about this more then once and has threatened to end things if I were to do it again ( before the paid account) and now she is destroyed. I'm currently out of town working and am afraid i'm going to lose her before I can do anything to fix it Please help
Tony
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.

JaRee1993 :

Good morning Tony, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a mental health counselor. I would like to assist you with your question.

JaRee1993 :

If you don't mind I would like to ask you a few questions to enable me to better assist you. How long have you been going on online dating sites? Do you go to any other sites that involve women?

JaRee1993 :

How did you meet your girlfriend and how is the relationship outside of the online stuff? If you want to talk with me further about this, please just reply to my message and I will respond as soon as I see your reply. Thank you for contactig Just Answer. Ja`Ree

Customer:

Hello JaRee, In fact I met my girlfriend on an online dating site as well, I have been going onto the sites for the past 3 years of our relationship, our relationship outside of the internet is great I believe, she tells me she is happy and i'm happy as well. There are times that i browse craigslist and have sent messages just to see if I can get a reply but never intend on meeting with the women if they were to reply. I have never physically cheated on my girlfriend but i know there is a thing of emotional cheating. When I go to the sites i feel a boost of confidence about myself because of all attention. But my girlfriend gives me plenty of attention as well. This is my first serious relationship that has lasted longer then a Year.

Customer:

Things I have tried are just to Ignore the webpages and not go on them I have never tried to seek out the help of a professional. Many times when I do look at these sites I am working either opposite hours either 3rd shift or currently i'm out of town working as well.

Customer:

I find that i check the sites when i'm bored as well

JaRee1993 :

I can see that you are truly concerned about losing your girlfriend and yes, this is something that can cause that to happen. I am not sure that you have thought about what this might be doing to her self esteem, however, I am sure it is not building a safe feeling in the relationship. I do believe it would be good for you to talk with a counselor on a regular basis for a little while to help you discover where this need for attention is coming from and to assist you with developing skills needed to help you move past all of this and move forward in the real relationship with your girlfriend. Would you consider finding someone to talk with professionally. I would gladly assist you with finding someone in your area. I will be waiting to hear from you. Ja`Ree

Customer:

Yes, I have talked to my girlfriend and she is very supportive of my going to seek assistance, I have also checked out another online program from another therapist that told me to check out candeo , do you recommend this site? have you heard any negative things about it? or would you still recommend seeing a professional in person?

JaRee1993 :

I have not heard anything at all about this site, so I cannot recommend either way. However, I do believe that meeting with someone in person is very effective because you develop a therapeutic relationship that enables the counselor to more personalize the sessions and for you to become more comfortable enabling you to work on whatever comes out of each session as far as what is going on with you concerning the online dating as well as giving you support, encouragement and positive feedback. I develop very close therapeutic relationships with my clients as do most clinicians causing the client to feel safe enough to share whatever is going on for them. Many times a client does not know why they do what they do and the time we spend together gives me some insight and allows me to help them find the answers that lie within them. Does that make sense?

Customer:

yes it does thank you, XXXXX XXXXX i would like your assistance in finding a professional in my area if possible, I live in Puyallup WA if there are any in the area i would love the assistance

JaRee1993 :

Let me look for you. I'll be right back.

Customer:

ok thanks

JaRee1993 :

http://www.sunrisecounselingservices.com/ (NNN) NNN-NNNNIf my answer helped you please complete rating survey to enable me to know how best to serve our customers. Thank you for contacting Just Answer. It was my pleasure to assist you. Ja`Ree

JaRee1993 :

home

about therapy

about your therapist

common questions

contact

11216 Sunrise Blvd E, Suite 3-204

Puyallup, WA 98374

253-445-2441 office

253-906-1737 cell

email:XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Office Hours:

Monday - Friday 10 AM to 7 PM
Evening and Weekend hours can be arranged

JaRee1993 :

This one looks like a good one that will be able to assist you with what you need. May I check back in with you in a couple of weeks to see how you are doing?

Customer:

yes that would be great, but i won't be able to go until a week from now as i'm currently out of state working

Customer:

thank you for your help

JaRee1993 :

It was truly my pleasure and I will check in with you in a couple of weeks. please complete rating survey to enable me to know how best to serve our customers. Thank you again for contacting Just Answer. Ja`Ree

JaRee1993, Mental Health Professional
Experience: Licensed to diagnosis and treat mental and emotional health issues of adults, adolescents and children and pastoral counseling.
Expert:  JaRee1993 replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tony, Just checking in to see how things are going and if you were able to find a counselor that you liked. Look forward to hearing from you. Ja`Ree