Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

hi, I am on 90mg of cymbalta and am always tired. Was wondering

hi, I am on 90mg of cymbalta and am always tired. Was wondering to ask my doctor if adding wellbutrin might help>?

Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your query.

Well yes addition of wellbutrin XL ( extended release version) at dose of 150-300 mg / day will be a very good ploy since this drug is known to infuse energy , enthusiasm and elevate mood and improve concentration and interest.

This wellbutrin XL works best when taken in the morning while Cymbalta is to be taken in the night , so that these two drugs can cover your symptoms whole day and throughout night as well.

Also may I add here that although you are taking Cymbalta at 90 mg at present but the maximum effective safe dose recommended for Cymbalta is 60 mg / day and it has been invariably observed that any dose beyond 60 mg / day does not actually add any extra benefit but instead it may lead to side effects few of which are excessive tiredness, sloppiness, lacking energy and sleepiness.

So to summarize I will suggest that while you shall ask your doctor to add wellbutrin xl in the morning but at the same time it will only be right and fruitful for you if you can convince the doctor to bring down the dose of Cymbalta to 60 mg / day to be taken as a single dose at night while wellbutrin xl is taken in the morning.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer.

If there is any further assistance needed please feel free to ask using the reply button.

Regards..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also take 5mg abilify per day...when should I take it - morning or night?

Night time in a gap of 1 hr between this drug and Cymbalta.

Regards..