Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, Some advice please

Dear Dr. Keane, Some advice please. I don't know if it's because I am hormonal at the moment and part because I seriously do not like dentists, but I feel not quite consumed because I have been using some techniques you've taught me to try and keep some calmness about the situation and to try to keep it in perspective. I often feel some anxiety when I have an appointment. I had one recently and I knew he'd have to do some work at some point on a wisdom tooth again. I think I was hoping it would be done quicker. I've been busy doing what I've had to during my day, but feel at unease and stressed about it. There are times when I am fine, but then others where the thought of any treatment he does must be lingering at the back of my mind to later make me feel a bit stressed. I can be here for a bit to chat if you have time.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, I don't feel it's due to your hormonal state, it's the dentist and many people, including myself, gets anxious when they have an appointment or have to return for another visit. There are some situations that you have to just get through and know that it's for the best. It's one of life's stressful situations that you endure, if not, well, just say you'd be feeling a lot worse down the road if you didn't take care of the dental problems. I'm with you on this one though, I go with high hopes of not having to do more than have my routine care and then done for six months (which usually turns into once a year)

Dr.Keane :

sorry I missed you, it says you are standing by but it's been 10 minutes and I have to go.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Customer:

I was here and I clicked as soon as it said "chat with expert" on my screen.

Customer:

It was 10 minutes you say? Now that is very strange. There has to be something technical going on because I was there in the waiting room part, waiting.

Customer:

I did not move away from my computer. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.

Customer:

hmm, with this 10 minutes of standing by, I am not sure why that should have been, like I say, I was waiting for the part that says "chat to expert" to come up as that is the way customers get in once the expert does whatever needs to be done at the expert's end. I also looked in my question page and kept refreshing that in case that worked out to chat to you, but clearly not, nor did anything appear in my email until you were just about to leave. If it was something to do with my computer then I apologise and I will get that checked out as soon as I possibly can. Again I am grateful for your support and do really appreciate it, sorry for any inconvenience caused if it was in any way my fault and I hope the next time, it all works out the way it should.

Customer:

Anyway I just wanted you to know that and to let you know I hadn't changed my mind or was being difficult. It's always good to chat to you.

Customer:

I think, after a mammoth chat with an IT expert here my computer performance should be better. Looks it at the moment, so hoping that when we next chat, it translates to having better connection than today. Again, sorry!!!

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I missed you, it said you were standing by that is why I was surprised not to see you typing. Not sure why but I'll try again Wednesday since I will not be able to get online until late tomorrow.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

Wednesday is fine. I can be here around 4pm to 5:30pm my time.

Customer:

and then from 8pm my time onwards.

Customer:

I am intrigued by your don't know why statement, is it you don't know why connection just didn't work properly or why chat again? Anyway, chat to you on Wednesday I hope.

Customer:

might be a little bit after 4pm actually. Will do my best to be here though.

Customer:

sorry, forget my "intrigued don't know why" statement. Read what you said wrong. Anyway will chat Wednesday.

Customer:

Dr. Keane, my connection seems to be on top form and also it looks like JA have sorted some technical issues they said they were having with Live Chat. Hope to chat to you soon. I'll be here around 4 my time.

Customer:

hi, just to let you know, I am here online for awhile.

Customer:

Hi Dr. Keane, I am going to have to go out for awhile now - meeting. I will try hard to be back at 8pm my time. I really think I ought to be, it's not the sort of that over-runs.

Customer:

Hope we can chat soon.

Customer:

I can now be online for rest of the evening.

Customer:

I am guessing that your schedule today has been busy perhaps? I am going to have to go offline now. I cannot be online much on Thursday. Will be able to from 8pm. I have to work late tomorrow you see, but hope to catch up with you and chat soon. You are right however, things would probably get worse dental wise down the line. If only things like teeth didn't need check-ups so regularly and if only return visits were not ever necessary. I am also glad you understand where I'm coming from too.

Customer:

Hope to chat soon.

Customer:

I will try and be online at around 4pm my time but can't for very long and I will try before 8pm, if I cannot then I will most certainly be able to be here from 8pm onwards (all my times).

Customer:

I keep meaning to also say that the time that you said you were looking forward to chatting when we were discussing my list, was really, really nice of you. I often look forward to chatting to you too. Hope that happens again soon.