Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

what recommendations for job-loss, burnout and significant

what recommendations for job-loss, burnout and significant loss of emotional energy and physical stamina?

Greetings !

Welcome to the site.

I am Dr. Kaushik and i believe i can help you with your problem.

Kindly answer a few queries.

1) Along with the above mentioned symptoms are you also struggling with low mood almost all day, lack of pleasure in previously pleasurable activities, poor concentration and lack of enthusiasm and zest ?

2) Are you still using wellbutrin ? If yes what dose are you taking and since how many days are you taking this drug ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Typo it was 5 sessions with a social worker.

Thanks for the inputs.

Kindly please answer the queries regarding wellbutrin ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I took wellbutrin 2x/day in October for 2-3 months. I stopped for awhile then went back on but took an extra one and I had to go to the ER because I was so overwhelmed especially with the loss of my Father. I met with an outpatient Psychiatrist who recommended nothing unless I want something for anxiety. I worked with a social worker who helped a lot with anxiety. Thank you for your advise I seek , preferably non medication route!

How about trying natural herbal remedies along with counseling / therapy ?

You see there are some herbal remedies which are natural anti depressants and mood elevators thereby helping people who are going through a slump / stressful life situation. Some of these herbal remedies are-

1) St. john's wort

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Ginseng

You shall ask about their availability from a pharmacy near you and start on any one of them , preferably St. John's wort and i am hopeful that within next 1-2 weeks you shall start appreciate improvement in your mood, energy and enthusiasm thereby helping you to look for a suitable job which in the present set of symptoms may look like a distant goal.

Along with this natural remedy option you shall ask your psychiatry social work to try CBT ( Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) on you which is the therapy that suits best for anxiety as well low mood.

Through this therapy you will learn some coping skills and strategies to endure life stressors such as the one you are enduring right now.

So a combination of natural herbal therapy and CBT shall help you through this tough phase of life and help you to overcome it so as to move on in life and be ready to face new challenges of life.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.