Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

hi i want to ask you something about remeron.i want you no

hi i want to ask you something about remeron.i want you no one else
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.

Greetings !

Please go ahead with your query !

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok brifly i tell my problem.i get out dissatiction before.i thought that was because remeron!!at that time i was taking seroxat and remeron 30mg.after that i stoped seroxat and take remeron 60 mg and did emdr.i did these three things!after that i make remeron 60mg.and when i wenr for victiuion i had fugue for first time!!there are 3 things one of them right?.i didnt had fugue before.so it is either because of remeron over dose!which i take 60mg or 45mg.or because of emdr?,or because i take out seroxat?now on zoloft i see fast improvment.i want to get out fugue so am taking 2mg rivotril twice ,but about remeron i dont know what to do am taking 27.5mg insted og 45mg?because i remember once i make remeron dose up this problem occers!!?

Greetings !

Well I will like to address here that now that you know remeron has been the culprit / precipitant of fugue then why are you still taking it because one needs to avoid the precipitating agent once it has started to cause hazard to one's health.

Well the reason why you cannot tolerate higher doses of remeron is because your body system has realized that it does not tolerate this drug well and therefore it has started to respond to it's higher doses by throwing itself into a fugue state. You see now that you are not being able to tolerate 45 mg dose as well which earlier you could tolerate, this only suggests that soon your current dose of 27.5 mg too will begin to produce similar problems like the higher doses have produced in the past.

So I will suggest that you come off remeron once and for all since your body system has started to reject it by throwing fugue state with it's use, which soon will start to occur with lower doses as well.

I hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Regards..

Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience: MD Psychiatry