Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Creatures pretend I see things that are impossible to exist. They

Customer Question

Creatures pretend I see things that are impossible to exist.
They do not tell me what I see.
They are sure I have got a medical problem because of what they say they are shure.
Very funny.
This is bad for ther relationships with the people telling such funny things.
Can you say if I v got aproblem or are the people wrong?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Can you tell me more about these creatures? I am fascinated to hear about them.

Customer :

The ex husband of the sister of my wife.

Customer :

nothing more .

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He is the creature?

Customer :

Yes.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Why do you call him a creature and not a person?

Customer :

I have got Skype here, we could talk if this helps.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am not permitted to with JustAnswer. I have to do it this way.

Customer :

I am a bit cynical / ironic and in this case I am using this word becaus some weeks ago a counselor used this word to describe the girlfriend of the son of my wife

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

But what does that have to do with you ex brother-in-law?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

What does he pretend that you see?

Customer :

I use the word creatures because these people arte talkinmg bad behind my back but never were able to give the reason for their ¨diagtnosis¨, of which they are / were absolutly shure

Customer :

It has nothing to do with my brother in law.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Diagnosis of what?

Customer :

I just heard this funny word and now I am using it.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Then why do you talk about him and call hims creature?

Customer :

It would maybe be more scientificlly correct to say ¨persons¨/ ïndividuals¨¨,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Please tell me what your personal problem or concern is.

Customer :

I remember my mother telling me that *I* have got a problerm becaus some 15 or 20 years ago a female boss at the university cheted me.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Do you have a problem now, with anything?

Customer :

But the truth is this boss was very nasty towards me and made me lose months or even years of my time during my PhD thesis.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

So is this still a problem 15 or 20 years later?

Customer :

We had made an agreement about the contnenst / ´plan of the thesis at the bginnign of my PhD work, but later for political reasons the prof. did not allw me any more to use more than half of my work for the thesis. It is absolutely true that this fomer boss cheated me.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

So are you now stuck, all of these years later?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

You have left the chat. I do believe that you have a problem and I recommend that you see a psychologist to get some help so that you can get back on track

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer :

Actually I still do not know what you think of me

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I think that you need professional psychological help so that you get get un-stuck from these obsessive thoughts.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott