RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

My wife started saying that some people are tapping our apartment

My wife started saying that some people are tapping our apartment ,she says there are
cameras and she sealed all the halls on the walls in bathroom and rooms,she says now
(They ) are using microphones.The purpose is to sell our conversation to TV and Radios
to make them in talk shows.Now when she listen to Radio or watch TV she says they
are talking about us

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this serious situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What you describe here seems to show that your wife may be experiencing auditory hallucinations.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long has she been experiencing this problem?

Customer:

it is about ten days

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does she present poor insight about reality around other topics too, and have you observed any other not normal behaviors-symptoms?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Do you know what could have caused or led her to start experiencing these symptoms? Any traumatic or overwhelming event, stressor, negative news, that impacted her, any medical condition or similar?

Customer:

No, except when I tell her she is imagining thing she will look alittle upset by

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Has she started to use or used any drugs by the time she started presenting these symptoms?

Customer:

my reaction

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Right, that's because she truly believes what she hears is real, she has no doubt it is happening.

Customer:

she wiil be upset when I tell her she is imagining things

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please, she needs to be evaluated as soon as possible, since this poor insight and hallucinations may be symptoms of a psychotic disorder. We do not know its nature, but the symptoms themselves are serious enough to justify immediate psychological / psychiatric treatment.

Customer:

but she is not convinced so how to talk her into seeing adoctor?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You would have to persuade her using all the knowledge and understanding you have about her personality, fears and expectation, for her to trust you and agree to go to the doctor. If this is a psychotic episode as it seems to be, the tendency could be for it to get worse, deteriorating her mood, insight, functioning and relationships even more.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Adult people could not be obligated to get treatment, but if a person shows symptoms of a mental illness deeply disrupting her ability to take good care of herself, function and it could lead to become a risk to neglect herself, harm herself or others, then a clinical intervention could be justified without the person's consent.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please contact the local mental health department and request support on what you can do in a scenario like this to get her the treatment she needs. That would be the most assertive and proactive step to take right now for you to know what is viable or not at this moment.

Customer:

Ok. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

People could develop - present psychotic symptoms like hallucinations and poor insight of reality because of mental illnesses liek schizophrenia, severe depression or anxiety disorders, as an effect of drug use and as a symptom of medical conditions that require evaluation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The sooner she gets the support she needs the better.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me back for any further support.