RealSupport
RealSupport, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I think i may be suffering from depression. Actually i have

I think i may be suffering from depression. Actually i have thought this is true for many years and for numerous reasons have kept it quiet and said nothing. It has gotten much worse lately, to the point i am struggling to hide how i feel and am avoiding contact with people due to fear of them finding out or various other reasons. I don't know what to do anymore and i'm scared and alone, i really need some advice. I've taken 4 different online depression tests, i realize these are not always accurate and are no substitute for a real doctor but due to my job i have very little opportunity to see a professional GP, all 4 tests said the same thing, Major to Moderate Depression. Can you please help me?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know you have been feeling this way for so long without receiving any form of necessary support from family, friends and mental health professionals.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you have read about depression and found that the way you fee and experience your life is affected by this disorder, then the chances you have it are very high. You have not felt this way for a couple of months but for years, your mood is affected for sure and you are becoming more and more isolated as a way to avoid people finding out. It could be that your functioning is affected since you do not want people to see you, what means it's become this obvious you are not feeling fine.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

When mood, functioning and relationships get undermined for six or more months by any symptom, then it is concerning and most times it would mean the person has developed a mental health disorder. If you feel sad or angry most of the time, low motivation, poor energy, hopeless and / or helpless, have problems -changes in your sleep and the way you take care of yourself, from your diet to your daily physical and social activity; if your psychological processes, like attention, memory, creativity, concentration and others are undermined and not working fine; if you have negative ideation, low self-esteem or sense of self-worthiness, finding very difficult to cope with stress, problems or with just common things in life, then you would ahve a depressive disorder for sure.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If you feel this way, please look for a mental health professional to assess you and then stick to psychotherapy to work on your rehabilitation process without further delay, since time does not resolve problems, but deepens whatever is already there, healthy or destructive.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Customer:

but the problem i have is that i have no time to seek professional advice... Im a lorry driver i work away all week and while im home at the weekends i have my daughter plus where would i find a therapist who would work weekends? and aside from all this i cant afford to pay vast amounts of money for therapy... I understand now that i do need to seek help! I have for a while now but since i only figured that out after i reached a point in my life where i have no time to do anything about it i kind of feel trapped in my situation!

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for replying.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, this is truly frustrating, but you could then consider getting professional counseling online, which would be available during early or late hours and during weekends too.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Regarding how well you would be able to afford it would depend on you setting your mental health and well-being as a number one priority in your life, since without them you would not be able to take good care of anything else, from your daughter to your job, finance and more.

Customer:

Thank you for advising me... How do i go about that???

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You could look online using Google, looking for online counseling, and it would show you different websites offering these services

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Sites like liveperson, therapyhub, mentaline and others offer these services.

Customer:

thank you...

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please take gentle care and consistent action getting the support you need and deserve. Bye.